Cab calling service is available. Passengers can book a cab 24 hours in advance by phone, internet or mobile phone through the citywide reservation system. Passengers who book cabs at the six urban districts during the peak traffic time four hours in advance are insured to be successful except those who break an appointment more than twice a year. The reservation hot line is 96103.
The price items and standards of charge of the taxis are as follows:
|Minimum Fare||CNY 13 for the first 3 kilometers (1.86 miles)|
|Basic Unit Price||CNY 2.3 per kilometer (0.62 mile) above 3 kilometers in the daytime|
|Low-Speed Drive and Waiting Fare||Waiting and traffic jam time when the speed is lower than 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) per hour is charged extra the fare of 2 kilometers for each 5 minutes during the rush hours, and the fare of 1 kilometer for each 5 minutes during other time period.|
|Reservation Fee||CNY 6 for reservation over 4 hours in advance; CNY 5 for reservation within 4 hours.|
|Empty Run Fare||If a single journey is longer than 15 kilometers (9.32 miles), the empty run fare is charged i.e. the price per kilometer rises 50% to CNY 3.45.|
|Night Fare|| |
From 23:00 to 5:00, the charge per kilometer rises 20% i.e. to CNY 2.76.
|Charge for Sharing One Taxi||Sharing taxi is encouraged for it to some extent relieves the traffic load of the city. If two or more passengers share one cab, one only need to pay 60% of the original fare.|
|Fuel Surcharge||CNY 1 for one ride|
1. The morning rush hours is from 7:00 to 9:00, and the evening rush hours is from 17:00 to 19:00.
2. The price is calculated exactly by every 500 meters (547 yards) and every 2.5 minites.
3. The price will be rounded to the whole number of Chinese Yuan. For example, CNY 15.4 will be rounded down to CNY 15, and CNY 15.6 will be rounded up to CNY 16.
4. The toll for an expressway or a bridge should be extra paid by the passengers.
5. From July 1st, 2013, the fuel surcharge will be adjusted every three months. A fluctuation of CNY 0.8 of the oil price per litre will result in a rise or fall of CNY 1 on the fuel surcharge of one ride.
Generally, it will cost CNY 100 - 200 from the Capital Airport to the city proper of Beijing, according to different distance. Badaling Great Wall is about 65 kilometers (40 miles) from the downtown area, which need more than CNY 200 to cover the expense by meter. Ask before getting on the cab, for most taxis do not meter while getting to those scenic spots far from the city center, then you should negotiate with the driver about the fare. From Tiananmen Square to Badaling Great Wall, it costs a little bit more than CNY 200, excluding the highway toll fare and additional fares for drive at night or at a speed lower than 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) per hour. To be notice, there is an empty run of about 50 kilometers (31 miles) while returning to the city center. So, few taxi drivers would like to have a single run to the spot. To rend a vehicle for a round trip, it perhaps costs you CNY 500.
2. Make sure you use an official taxi with a sign on the roof and with the driver's registration card.
3. It is recommended that tourists ask for a receipt when alighting from a taxi because the details of the car are listed in it. This is useful should you have any problems such as leaving property behind.
4. Ask someone to write down your destination in Chinese beforehand in case of getting lost.
5. The taxi fare can be paid with Transportation Smart Card which is used to travel on Beijing subway trains and buses.