Huangguoshu Waterfall, a milky way in miniature, is the largest waterfall in Asia. Seventy-four meters (243 feet) high and eighty-one meters (266 feet) wide, it is a scenic marvel in Anshun. Do not miss it if you are in Guizhou Province.
Known as the Huangguoshu Waterfall National Park, it is 45 kilometers (28 miles) southwest of Anshun city in Guizhou Province. Together with minor waterfalls, the charms of Huangguoshu Waterfall are a natural tourist drawing card. Hospitable ethic groups add the human touch.
There are mainly three National Parks in this waterfall national park: Waterfalls Cluster, Water-Curtain Cave and Rhinoceros Pool (Xi Niu Tan).
Huangguoshu is the best known of some 18 in a cluster of waterfalls. Its flow is seasonally adjusted. A reservoir behind the waterfall holds back some of the water. Doupotang Waterfall, one kilometer (less than one mile) up the river to Huangguoshu Waterfall, at 105 meters (344 feet) across is the widest. It is 21 meters (69 feet) high. Other waterfalls like LuosiTan Waterfall, Silver-Chain Waterfall and Dishuitan Waterfall all have their distinct features.
Rhinoceros Pool (Xi Niu Tan)
View a different waterfall from vantage points. We recommend the following. The first one is Waterfall-Viewing Pavilion (Guan Pu Ting), where you could see the panorama of the whole waterfall. Then, seen from Water-Viewing Pavilion (Wang shui Ting), you could view the grand scene of surging water. The third one is the Water-Viewing Pavilion (Wang shui Ting) beside the Rhinoceros Pool. The marvelous night scene of the grand waterfall creates lasting impressions. Don't miss it, please.
The climate in the area is moderate. Average temperature is 16 degrees centigrade -- an ideal summer resort. Nearby Huangguoshu Waterfall Hotel is rated three-star.
Suggestion:Take an umbrella with you to the falls. You may get very wet without one.
How to get to Huangguoshu Waterfall
2. take regular bus from Anshun South Passenger Transport Bus Station to the scenic area. It departs every 20 minutes from 07:00 to 19:00.
|Admission Fee (including Waterfall, Tianxingqiao Bridge and Doupotang Scenic Areas):||March-November: CNY 160 |
December-February: CNY 150
|Sightseeing Bus||CNY 50; free for children under 1.4m (4.6ft) if not taking a seat.|
|Escalator||Round trip: CNY 50; Single trip: CNY 30|
|Opening Hours:||Waterfall & Doupotang Scenic Area: 07:30 to 18:00 |
Tianxingqiao Bridge: 07:30 to 17:30
|Recommended Time for a Visit:||Two hours|
And would you mind writing the way from the waterfall to Anshun west station?
1. Is there any buses to take me from Huangguoshu waterfall to Guiyang North railway station?
2. Which railway stations are easy to go from Huangguoshu waterfall between Anshun west station and Guiyang north station? Which one take shorter time?
2. I think AS West Station is a better choice due to the less travel time and more convenience.
1. because the high speed trains from Kunming drops passengers on Guiyang north railway station, Is it need to take bus from Guiyang north railway station to Jinyang Bus station first? and ,then take a bus to Huangguoshu Waterfall
2. Do you have any recommend about hotel near the Waterfall?
3. How to go to Maling river canyon scenic areas from the waterfall by bus or train?
Industrial and Commercial Hotel is available which is near the entrance of the Forest of Steles Park.
First you need to take the bus to Anshun East Bus Station. And take the bus to Xingyi West Bus Station. The departure time is from 8:30 to 17:00 with the interval about 2 hours and the ticket fare is CNY 109. After arriving Xingyi, you can take the bus line 4 to the Maling River Canyon Station.
And in the evening it would be amazing to catch a bus to Xingyi, to stay there for the night.
Thank you very much.
Anyway, here are answers for your questions:
Many regular buses from AS East Bus Station can take you to Dragon Palace Cave.
To the water fall, there is no public transport, and you need to taxi a taxi.
To Xinyi, the last bus from AS East Bus Station leaves at 17:00.
Can you recommend a tour maybe for the cave and waterfalls?