Chinese Tea Ceremony
Chinese Tea Ceremony Steps
Step 1: Prepare Tea Set
Step 2: Rinse Teapot and Teacups
Step 3: Heat Water
Step 4: Put Tea Leaves into Teapot
Step 5: Wash Tea Leaves
Step 6: Brew Tea
Step 7: Pour Tea Soup into Tea Cups
Step 8: Offer Tea Cups
Step 9: Smell and then Sip Tea
Chinese Wedding Tea Ceremony
As the name indicates, Chinese wedding tea ceremony is held during the wedding ceremony. The new wife and husband offer tea to parents-in-law and start to call them mon and dad and the parents-in-law will give red envelops to the son or daughter in-law. This is a formal occasion to set up the relations between the new couple and the parents-in-laws. The Chinese wedding tea ceremony has no much difference with the above mentioned traditional Chinese tea ceremony, but it has some etiquettes. The tea sets should be red with auspicious patterns like Chinese characters “喜喜”meaning double happiness and number of tea cups should be even.
Chinese Tea Ceremony Etiquettes
1. Receive the tea cup with both hands when being served with tea;
2. Show your admiration and gratitude to the host when smelling or drinking the tea soup;
3. Take a small sip of tea soup every time during the ceremony instead of drinking it up with one large gulp.
4. Dress properly to attend the tea ceremony as it is kind of official occasion. A suit of proper Chinese tea ceremony dress can be cheongsam or long dress for ladies; Chinese tunic suit or just suit for gentlemen.
If you are the hosts, please:
1. Serve the tea with both of your hands;
2. Do not fill the teacup fully, in case the hot tea soup accidently hurt the guests;
3. Observe the tea cups of your guests and fill in them in time.
4. Dress neatly and decently.