China Embassy in Maldives
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Wang Fukang
Address: H. Nookurikeela, Dhunbugas Magu, Henveiru, Male
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 13:30-16:00, Sunday to Tuesday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Maldives
Address: H.Nookurikeela, Dhunbugas Magu, Male
Tel: 00960-3010645, 3010635 (Visa inquiry, from 9:00-11:00 on Monday, Wednesday)
00960-7458160 (for Chinese citizen only)
Office Hours: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from 09:00-11:00 (except holidays)
Procedure of Visa Application
1. Take a number first and wait for your number to be called.
2. Then, you can submit your application when your number is called.
3. Please return to the embassy for collection on the date mentioned on the pick-up slip.
4. Pay processing fee (if applicable) and check carefully about the information on your visa before you leave.
Fee per Person
|Types||Maldivian Citizen||Citizen of Other Countries||USA Citizen|
|Single-Entry||N/A||USD 40||USD 140|
|Double-Entry||N/A||USD 60||USD 140|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||N/A||USD 80||USD 140|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||N/A||USD 120||USD 140|
|Service Fee for Same-day Collection||USD 40||USD 40||USD 40|
|Service Fee for the 2nd-3rd Working Day Collection||USD 30||USD 30||USD 30|
1. Regular service: Visas can be obtained on the fourth business day after application.
2. Maldivian passport holders do not need to pay any visa fee when apply from Embassy of China in Male.
3. Diplomatic and Service Passport holders are exempted from visa requirement into China.
4. Maldivians enjoy free entry to HK for a stay no more than 90 days, and they can get visa on arrival to Macao.
5. No express service would be provided unless in case of emergency. Express service needs approval of consular officials, and extra fee may have to be paid.
6. Even if you want to use urgent service, the consular officer has the right to decide whether to provide the service or not.
Basic Information about Maldives:
Climate: Maldives spans equator and has the characteristic of tropical climate. It is hot all the year around, thus, the sunscreens is necessary.
Safety Situation: The status of public security there is good and the crime rate is relatively low.
Local Customs: Maldives is a Muslim country and its nationals pray for five times every day, respectively in sunrise, at noon, between 3.00p.m. and 4:00.p.m., in sunset and at night. At such time, the store will stop business for 15 minutes.
Medical Treatment: Dengue fever is a prevalent disease in the islands country. The local status of medical treatment is limited, so it is better to take some commonly used medicines.
Price Level: Many items in daily use are imported, so the price level here is high. The present currency is Rufiyaa. One America dollar can exchange 12 Rufiyaa. The dollar can directly circulate in market.
Please contact Embassy of Maldives in China if Maldivians are in troubles there.
Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal