China Embassy in Papua New Guinea

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Xue Bing
Address: Section 216, Lot 5, Sir John Guise Drive, Waigani, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 1351, Boroko, N.C.A. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Tel: +67-5-3259827
Fax: +67-5-3258247
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:00-18:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Papua New Guinea

Tel: +67-5-3259827
Mobile Phone: +67-5-73664264
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

The required documents for applying Tourist/Family Visit (L)

1. The original passport with blank pages and at least 6-month validity
2. Properly completed Application Forms 
3. One recent passport photo attached on the Application Form.
4. Travel itinerary or Invitation Letter of relatives in China.


1. If you submit applications by post, you should provide the self-addressed, pre-paid return envelope with enough postage. The embassy is not responsible for the loss of or damage to the documents.

2. Citizens holding Papuan passports are exempt from Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit if they enter Hong Kong for business or a short tour and stay in Hong Kong for not more than 90 days.


Please pay by cash when you pick up your passport.

Regular Fee per Person

Visa Types Papuan Citizens American Citizens
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity PGK 40 USD 140
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity PGK 60 USD 140
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity PGK 80 USD 140
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity PGK 120 USD 140

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
1 working day processing PGK 90
2-3 working days processing PGK 60

 Please contact Embassy of Papua New Guinea in China if nationals of this country are in problems there.

 Related China Embassies in Oceania: Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu
- Last modified on Nov. 04, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Papua New Guinea
Asked by Shaofen Yan from AUSTRALIA | Jul. 24, 2020 00:42Reply
visa application for Chinese national living permanently in Australia
Where do I apply? What is the cost? Where do I get the application form?
Answers (1)
Answered by Celine from AUSTRALIA | Jul. 29, 2020 19:36

You can apply for your visa at the China Visa Application Service Center in your residence area. The cost for a single entry visa is around AUD 109.5. You can complete the application form on the website of the visa center.
Asked by Colin Spencer from PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Jan. 14, 2020 20:24Reply
British passport holder in PNG
What are the payment requirements for British citizen for the 3 month tourist visa to China, and do I require a letter of invite from people I am staying with?
Colin Spencer
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Jan. 15, 2020 18:25

If you will live in a hotel and have round-trip tickets and hotel bookings, you don't need to provide this invitation letter.
Asked by Varage from CHINA | Oct. 02, 2019 18:17Reply
Family memeber visiting China
Hello I am writing to enquire about Chinese visa for PNG national.I am currently living in China and I would like a family member to visit me.What type of visa is suitable in my case?
Answers (1)
Answered by Alice from NEW ZEALAND | Oct. 08, 2019 19:47

He or she can apply for a tourist visa if visiting for a short time. Otherwise, apply for an S type visa.
Asked by Jacob Yombai from PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Sep. 17, 2019 05:18Reply
Visa type and payment
I will be travelling to Yunnan Province in October to attend a 6 week course organised by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. I have the invitation letter and other documents. Which visa I should apply and how can I make payment as I am not based in Port Moresby.
Answers (1)
Answered by Edward from PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Sep. 17, 2019 23:02

Dear, you can apply for an F type visa.
Asked by Sakumai Kanawi from PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Aug. 04, 2019 23:12Reply
My Name is Sakumai Kanawi (Mr.)
I am invited to attend a two weeks training course at CMATC - China Meteorological Administration Training Centre on the 26th of Agust-^th September, 2019.
I need assistance in organizing a Chinese Visa. What do I do?
Answers (1)
Answered by Rolan from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 06, 2019 00:43

You can first ask the center to issue you an invitation letter. Then, take it along with your passport, application form, and recent passport style photo to the China embassy to submit the application for an F type.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)