Chinese Embassy in Sierra Leone

Ambassador: Mr. Wangqing
Address: 29 Spur Loop, Wilberforce, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Sierra Leone

Tel: +232-80110004
Office Hours: 09:00-11:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday (except holidays)

China Visa Application

Sierra Leoneans holding ordinary passports are required to apply for a visa in advance  to enter China. Diplomatic and official passport holders can enter China visa-free if staying for no more than 30 days.

Visa Fees

Regular Fee in Leone

Types Sierra Leonean Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry Valid for 3 Months 375 190
Double-Entry Valid for 6 Months 280
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 375
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 560
1. Validity: Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.
2. Please contact the embassy for visa fees for citizens of the United States, Canada, Serbia, Israel, Argentina, Panama, Brazil, Romania, and Uruguay.

 Please contact Embassy of Sierra Leone in China if citizens of Sierra Leone have problems there. 

 Related Chinese Embassies in Africa: South Africa,  Khartoum, Sudan, Tanzania

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Amara Bangura
I am a Sierra Leonean i want to go on business trip. What is the requirement for Chinesss business visa?

 Answered by Ms. MILES
The requirements for Business F are as follows:
1. Properly and truthfully filled out Application Form, to which one passport-size photo is attached,
2. Valid passport with blank pages and a photocopy of the data page,
3. Original invitation from an authorized Chinese organization, travelers cheque, round trip air-ticket, hotel reservation & applicant's company register certificate, tax clearance, true bank statement. 

  Asked by Mr. gibrilla conteh
I will like to know if the embassy can give visa to Taiwan. or pls tell me the way i can go for it. Thanks

 Answered by Ms. Fiona
Sorry, as far as I know, they don't issue it to Taiwan. You may find you an online agency.

  Asked by Mr. ayoola ademola
pls am a business man based here I am into electrical instillations. I have been to Europe for business I wont to visit china for business mainly on solar energy lighten what are the requirements for the application thanks

 Answered by Mr. Brandon
If you have a business partner there, then you can apply for a business F; if you just go for an investigation and don't have any partner, than apply for a L instead. The requirements depend on what type you will apply for.

- Last updated on Mar. 04, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Sierra Leone
Asked by Alpha Conteh from SIERRA LEONE | Jul. 07, 2021 22:33Reply
Tourist visa
I am a based Sierra Leonean and i want to go China as a Tourist for three months stay. What is the cost of this type visa and the requirements please, thank you.
Answers (1)
Answered by Selina from US | Jul. 12, 2021 01:33

You need to get a tourist visa for China, which is classified as type L visa. However, due to the current covid restrictions, China does not issue tourist visas at present.
Asked by Kemoh Bangura from SIERRA LEONE | Apr. 01, 2021 23:35Reply
Travel advise for study visa
I am Kemoh Bangura, PhD student, South China Agricultural University. I came for vacation last year and i could not return due to COVID 19 travel restrictions.
I have a valid student visa and residence permit for July 2021, and i want to return to continue my studies. Please advise me on the new travel regulations, what to do next. Thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Vera | Apr. 12, 2021 01:54

You need to submit your COVID-19 test reports and certificate showing that you have received the Sinopharm Vaccine to apply for a health code. If your visa was issued before November 2020, you may also need to renew your visa.
Asked by Osman Fornah from AUSTRALIA | Oct. 21, 2019 08:30Reply
Traveling to China visa requirements
What's the visa requirements if you are traveling from Sierra Leone to China wanting stay for 12 months or more.
Answers (1)
Answered by Henry from AUSTRALIA | Oct. 22, 2019 20:48

If you want to stay for such a long time, you should get a work or study visa.
Asked by Sufian sesay from UNITED KINGDOM | Jun. 18, 2019 05:31Reply
Student tourist visa
Hi I presently live in uk I want to go for holiday to china with my wife who is currently studying in freetown.
What will be the requirements for this process ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Demi from USA | Jun. 18, 2019 20:28

Does both of you apply in UK? If yes, you can apply for tourist L type which requires valid passport, application form and recent photo, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)