- Best China Tours
- China City Packages
- Inner Mongolia
- More Cities
- Great Wall Tours
- Yangtze Cruise
- Tibet Discovery
- Yunnan Exploration
- Guizhou Travel
- Silk Road Adventure
Best Xinjiang Private Tours
- 4 Days Urumqi & Turpan Package from $749
- 7 Days Urumqi - Turpan - Kumtag Desert - Urumqi - Kashgar from $1619
- 13 Days Urumqi - Turpan - Korla - Kuqa - Aral - Hotan - Kashgar from $3339
- 6 Days Urumqi - Kashgar - Tashkorgan & Khunjerab Pass from $1589
- 4 Days Kashgar and the Karakuri Lake
- 8 Days Urumqi - Fuyun - Buerjin - Kanas Lake - Hemu - Buerjin - Kuitun - Urumqi
- 8 Days Urumqi - Sayram Lake - Yining - Nalati Grassland - Khorgos - Kuitun - Urumqi
- 12 Days Urumqi - Buerjin - Kanas Lake - Hemu - Altay - Kuitun - Huocheng - Yining - Nalati - Bayanbulak - Yanqi - Urumqi
- 7 Days Hiking to Eastern Tianshan Mountain
- 6 Days to Lop Nur Region
- 7 Days to the Fairyland Kanas Lake
- 1 Day to Chaiwobao Salt Lake from Urumqi
- 2 Days to Multicolored Bay & Ulungur Lake
- Ski Resorts Information in Xinjiang
- Travel to Luobu Village and Poplar Forest
- Festival Experience in Silk Road Cities
- 3 Days Shanshan County Exploration
- 2 Days Urumqi Independent Tour
- Kashgar Hiking to Karakul Lake & Muztag Ata
- Turpan Hiking to Kumutage Desert and more
- 5 Days Ili Hiking Trip
- 6 Days Hetian to Sayram Lake & Nalati
- Hami Hiking Explorations
- 9 Days Cycling Tour from Urumqi to Hami
- Cycling Around the Sayram Lake
- 8 Days to Hero's Road of Dushanzi-Kuche
- 5 Days Cycling from North to South Xinjiang
- 8 Days Xinjiang to Tibet Cycling Trip
- Tracing the Ancient Diversifolious Poplar
- Golf Vacation of Urumqi & Karamay
What to visit in Xinjiang?
To learn more about Xinjiang, you can extend your visit to the northern or southern Xinjiang, with Tianshan Mountain as their boundary. Touring northern Xinjiang, including Urumqi, Altay and Ili, needs around 8-14 days. You will indulge in the enchanting natural sceneries with vast grasslands, galloping horses and limpid river... Besides, you can also choose to plan a 9-11 days' trip to the southern Xinjiang, like Kashgar, Hetian and Aksu, if you are fond of discovering the local customs and historical sites.
As you can see, Xinjiang is such an amazing place that is worth a deep exploration. We are always ready to customize a memorable private Xinjiang tour for you.
When is the best time to visit Xinjiang?
Owing to the cool weather, most travelers would like to go to the northern Xinjiang during July to September. In summer, not only can you admire the sea of lavender fields and golden rape flowers, but you will also be amazed by the spectacular views at Colorful Beach and Devil City. What's more, the most beautiful autumn scenery in Kanas Reserve is definitely attractive to shutterbugs and nature lovers. For southern Xinjiang tours, we recommend the months of August to October, during which you are able to taste the sweet fruits, such as the apples in Aksu, pears in Korla and the honey-dew melons in Hami etc, in addition to sightseeing.
How to get to Xinjiang?
The most convenient way to Xinjiang is to take flights. For instance, it needs only 4-5 hours to fly from Beijing to Urumqi, but the train from Beijing to Urumqi usually takes no less than 30 hours on the way.
Xinjiang has several airports, among which the Urumqi Diwopu International Airport is the mainly used one. This airport is 16 kilometers (9 miles) away from the downtown area and runs regular flights to more than 60 cities at home and abroad so far, including Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Islamabad, Moscow and Novosibirsk.
In China, the most economical transportation for travelers is train, by which you can commence a Xinjiang tour directly from most cities in mainland China. As Xinjiang is located in remote area, the train ride normally takes a very long time. Therefore, the train trip is suitable for the tourists who have enough time but less budget. If you are interested, you can also reach Lanzhou or Xining first and then have a high-speed train experience to Urumqi which is faster than the normal trains.