Shennongjia Nature Reserve
The Shennongjia Nature Reserve in eastern Hubei Province shares its border with Chongqing Municipality in the west and Baokang County of Hubei Province in the east. It covers an area of 803,833 acres (about 3,253 square kilometers). In 2013, it was approved as Shennongjia Global Geopark. Afterwards, it was listed as a world heritage by the UNESCO in 2016. Because of its marvelous natural scenery, rare foliages, endangered animals and famous legends such as the mysterious "Wild Man" (Chinese Yeti) said to be found in the mountains, the forest zone has attracted many tourists every year, amongst whom are researchers and scientists.
Origin of Name
Story of Wild Man
Without a doubt, the forest zone is an attraction teeming with virgin scenery and folk legends, awaiting the enjoyment and excitement of casual tourists and researchers alike.
How to Get to Shennongjia Nature Reserve
Visitors can take a flight to Shennongjia Hongping Airport from Shanghai, Wuhan or Chongqing. Upon arrival, hire a car to Muyu Town.
Take a coach from Shiyan Passenger Transport Center to Muyu. The bus departs at 09:00 and bus fare is CNY 86.
1. Take a bus from Fujiapo Bus Station to Shennongjia. The bus leaves at 08:00 and the fare is CNY 165.
2. Take a bus from Hongji Bus Station to Muyu Town. The bus leaves at 07:00 and the fare is CNY 170.
1. Take a bus from Yichang Passenger Transport Center to Muyu Town. The bus leaves at 08:30, 09:30, 10:00, 10:50, 11:30, 11:50, 12:50, 13:30, 15:30 and 17:00. Bus fare is CNY 76.
2. Take a bus from Yichang Passenger Transport Center to Xingshan County. The bus departs every 30 minutes before 19:00. Bus fare is around CNY 32. Then take a bus from Xingshan Bus Station to Muyu. Bus fare is around CNY 22.
Take a cruise ship and disembark from Badong Port. Then take a bus from Jubaopen Passenger Transport Center to Muyu Town at 07:30. Bus fare is CNY 61.
Songbai Town: Shennongjia Hotel
|High Season (Mar. 26 – Nov. 25)||Low Season (Nov. 26 – Mar. 25)|
|Combo Ticket||CNY 269||CNY 130|
|Shennong Peak||CNY 130||CNY 75|
|Dajiu Lake||CNY 100||CNY 50|
|Guanmen Hill||CNY 95||CNY 47.5|
|Shennong Altar||CNY 55||CNY 27.5|
|Natural Bridge||CNY 55||CNY 27.5|
|Tianyan Scenic Area||CNY 45||CNY 22.5|
1. The combo ticket covers the six scenic areas listed in the above box. It’s valid for five days with multiple entries. The separate ticket for each scenic area only allows a single entry.
2. Children below 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) enjoy free entry.
|April to October||06:30 - 17:30|
|October to the next March||07:00 - 17:30|
Note: The best time to visit is from May to October. However, if you visit in winter, you will be gifted with a totally different travel experience. Two ski resorts, one called International Ski Resort, and the other called Tianyan Ski Resort, are for your choice.
2. You will probably want to pack your raincoat and some plastic bags so that you can keep your clothes and camera dry;
3. A knife, match and compass are also highly recommended;
4. It's usually very cold in the night, so you'd better pack more clothes;
5. It is easy to get lost in the mountains, so don't leave the road too far away!
6. Wear boots and trousers in the forest so that you can prevent bites from mosquitoes and other insects.
In your section: How to get to Shennongjia it says :
"As the forest zone is very large, it is also a good choice to rent a car inside the zone. The price ranges from CNY 150 to 300."
How can we arrange to rent a car?
Also I am looking for a travel agent that can help me arrange my trip from Yichang to Shennongjia, Enshi, Lichuan & onwards too Chongqing. Can your agency help me arrange this?