Yiwu Travel Guide
Chinese Name: 义乌 (yì wū)
Location: Surrounded by mountains on three sides, Yiwu City is located in the central Zhejiang Province.
Area: 1,105 square kilometers (about 426 square miles)
Administrative Division: At present, there is a county-level government of Zhejiang Province, governing 8 towns and 5 subdistricts.
City Flower: China Rose
City Tree: Camphor Trees
Catering to the city's prosperous economy and accelerating its urbanization, the city has developed a number of public facilities, including star-rated hotels, convenient transportation and amusement places.
Beautiful Xiuhu Lake and cliffy Songpu Hill attracted a series of historic poets and scholars who were compelled to express their appreciation of the city's beauty. Yiwu is also the hometown of a number of historic people from ancient times. For example, Luo Binwang - one of the great patriotic poets in the Tang Dynasty (618-907), Zong Ze - the patriotic general of Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127), Zhu Danxi - one of the four famous doctors of the Jin and Yuan dynasties as well as Chen Wangdao, Feng Xuefeng and Wu Han, all of whom have made their contributions to the modern China. During your visit to this city, you will have chances to visit their hometowns which lie around.
You can access the city from Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport by frequent shuttle buses, or Yiwu Airport in the city also operates some hot air routes from/to Beijing, Guangzhou, Xi'an and Chengdu. Yiwu welcomes visitors from all over the world. If you would like to explore the city on your own, convenient buses will take you to any corner of the city.
See also Yiwu Railway Station, Yiwu Train Schedule
Yiwu Travel Tips
History: In the year 222 BC, the Emperor Ying Zheng of the Qin Dynasty (221BC-206 BC) set up a county here. Compared with the other big cites of China, the city is small, but it has the largest commodity market in China. This, along with its mild climate has made it a tourism highlight in recent years.
Special Local Products: Handicrafts: Yiwu is renowned as a shopping paradise for small commodities. The flourishing markets which take up a large area of the city should not be missed. It provides a different kind of tour experience, for it is a composite of shopping and sightseeing. The International Trade City here which makes up the China's Commodities Trade City with Huangyuan Market and Binwang Market presents you with the city's unique vigor. This is an excellent place to purchase souvenirs for you and your relatives and friends.
Foods: On the way, it is easy for you to find some delicious local foods. You can have a good dinner either at the reasonable and friendly roadside booths or at one of the quality restaurants. In addition, foods from other regions of China and western food are available here.
- To Hengdian, I need to start from Jiangdong bus station, right? How should I go from airport to Jiangdong bus sta?
- Is there any direct way from Hengdian studios to Wuzhen water town? Or I need to go back to Hangzhou? Thank you for advising the fast and convenient way, considering that I will travel alone and can not speak Chinese.
From Yiwu Airport, take a taxi directly. The cab fare is around CNY15 per person.
2. You need to go back to Hangzhou first. Then transfer to the coach to the water town.
I am planninh to visit many place inc yiwu market.
Some question i need to know...
1. Better i bring cash or credit card or what.,?
(For.. bus, shopping, taxi, hotel, etc)
2. Do every hotel in Yiwu have stuttle bus to Yiwu market ? Or its capable by walking?
3. Any regulation in China airport officer about the goods that i bring ?
2. No, not every hotel has the shuttle bus to the market. If you stay at a hotel nearby, you can walk to the market directly.
3. There are many rules about the things you bring into China. You can say what things you want to bring. Then I can check that.