China Embassy in Bulgaria

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Wei Jinghua
Address: Street Alexander Von Humboldt 7, Sofia 1113, Republic of Bulgaria 
Tel: +359-2-9733910
Fax: +359-2-9711081

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria

Tel: +359-2-9733851 (in Bulgarian language); +359-2-9733851 (in English language)
Fax: +359-2-9711081


Bulgarian citizens are exempt from visa fees according to the Agreement between them. It regularly takes 7-10 working days for issuance, so applicants need submit application at least one week before their departure.

Type Third Country Citizen USA Citizen
Single Entry valid for 3 months USD 40 USD 140
Duble Entry valid for 6 months USD 60 USD 140
Multiple Entry valid for 6 months USD 80 USD 140
Multiple Entry valid for 1 year USD 120 USD 140
In addition, Chinese visa is free of charge for foreign citizens from Albania, Maldives, Pakistan, Micronesia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia (Production cost is $ 3), and Belarus (Only for children up to 16 years old).

Visa Exemption to Hong Kong

Citizens of the Republic of Bulgaria are exempted from the requirements for entry into or transit through Hong Kong for a period of stay up to 90 days per period of six months.

Important Notice about Application

Basic Requirements:
1. The original passport or a travel document valid for at least 6 months.
2. A application form, one recent 2-inch, bareheaded and full-faced passport photo, attached to the application form.

In addition to providing the above-mentioned documents, an applicant is also required to answer relevant questions and provide following documents according to different types:

L for Tourism/Family Visit: for tourists, applicants shall evidence their financial capability of covering the travelling expenses, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving. For visiting relatives, applicants are required to provide invitation letter from their relatives.

F for Business/Training/Lecture/Scientific-Technological and Cultural Exchanges, or Study (less than 6 months): the invitation letter from the inviting unit or the notification letter/telegram from the authorized unit is required. 

X for Study: Application Form for Overseas Students (JW201 Form or JW202 Form), Admission Notice and Physical Examination Record for Foreigners are required.

Z for Work/Employment: the Employment License of the PRC for Foreigners and a notification letter/telegram issued by an authorized organization or company are required.

G for Transit: valid visas and on-going tickets to the heading countries/regions are required.

 Please contact Embassy of Bulgaria in PRC if Bulgarians are in distress there.
 China Tour from Sofia Bulgaria
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- Last modified on Nov. 19, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Bulgaria
Asked by Marina Ivanova from BULGARIA | Nov. 19, 2018 00:50Reply
Hi, I am Bulgarian citizen traveling from USA to Thailand, I have 21 hours layover in Shanghai
Hi, I am Bulgarian citizen traveling from USA to Thailand, I have 21 hours layover in Shanghai in both directions and I would like to see the city during my layover. Do I need to apply for Chinese Visa in order to walk around the city in these 21 hours?
Asked by Nenov | Aug. 17, 2017 12:33Reply
To apply for a tourist L type in the USA as a Bulgarian citizen?
I am a Bulgarian + USA citizen living in US.Can I apply for a L type in USA with my Bulg. passport?
Answers (1)
Answered by Salvatore from USA | Aug. 17, 2017 21:04

Nenov, it's possible for you to do that. Just try it!
Asked by Haneska from USA | Aug. 06, 2017 05:37Reply
Hello, I am a US citizen, non-resident in Bulgaria staying in Bulgaria the past 60 days.
I applied an application in Bulgaria to attend a University in China. Am I able to obtain a China student visa in Bulgaria or do I need to go back to US?
Answers (1)
Answered by Klaus from DENMARK | Aug. 07, 2017 02:19

Haneska, you can try to make the application in Bulgaria. If it cannot work, you can go back to US for that.
Asked by Gogo from BULGARIA | Jul. 24, 2017 21:40Reply
Hello. I am bulgarian and will have lay over for 13 hours going to Manila and also 13 hours when back
Do i need visa if i need to go around and do some sightseeing. My layover will be in Beijing both times.
Thank you
Looking forward to hear from you
Answers (2)
Answered by Dante from CANADA | Jul. 24, 2017 21:58

Gogo, you qualify for 24 hour direct transit in Beijing in both directions. You may be required to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the immigration office when you arrive at airport. Afterwards, you can leave the airport to go sightseeing.
Answered by Gogo from BULGARIA | Jul. 26, 2017 04:44

Thank you very much Dante
Asked by Gareth Jones from UNITED KINGDOM | Jul. 15, 2017 21:07Reply
Uk citizen volunteering in Bulgaria
I am UK passport holder currently travelling in bulgaria.
Can i obtain tourist visa for china , here in bulgaria ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Nicole from USA | Jul. 16, 2017 22:35

Yes, it's possible for you to get it in Bulgaria. You can give it a try!
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)
media recommendationfeatured on media