China Embassy in Eritrea
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Cai Ge
Address: No. 16, Abo Street, Zone 3, Administration 02, Asmara, State of Eritrea
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 204, Asmara, State of Eritrea
Tel: +291-1-185271 (Administrative Office)
+291-1-185273 (On-duty Office)
+291-1-185272 (Press Office)
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 from Mon. to Fri. (except holidays)
Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office of Chinese Embassy in Eritrea
Address: No.137, Ribda Street, Administration Tiravollo, Asmara, Eritrea (P.O.Box 204)
Counselor: Mr. Wang Lipei
Mr. Zhu Zhe (00291-1-155010)
Mr. Zhang Ruijuan (00291-1-155011)
The State of Eritrea is situated in the northeast of Africa, off the Red Sea in the east. Plateaus make up the most part of country, endowing it an elevation if 2,000 meters above the sea level. Long and narrow area along the coast belongs to desert lowland. The temperature varies greatly in different regions. The annual average temperate is about 17℃ (62.6℉) in plateau, 30℃ (86℉) in Red Sea Coast, and even 50℃ (122℉) in southeastern hollow area which is some of the highest temperatures in the world. The rainfall is also unbalanced. Plateau area has much rain than that depression area. June to September is the rainy season.
Neighboring countries: Ethiopia, Sudan, Djibouti
Land Area: about 125,000 square kilometers (48,263 square miles)
Time: It is 3 hours earlier than GMT and 5 hours later than Beijing Time.
Language: There are nine main language groups in Eritrea. Tigrinya, Arabic and English are official languages.
Major Religions: Islam, Christianism (mainly Orthodox)
Currency: cent, nakfa
Notices for Chinese Going to Eritrea
1. Chinese citizens should hold passport valid for six months and above, together with visa, a recent passport type picture and application fee (about $50).
2. Notes should be attached for diplomatic travel and invitation is a must for business travel. You should have to wait at least three working days for the visa which is valid for two months from the date of issuance.
3. Visa can be only extended or renewed two times in national and passport office of local immigration bureau. The address is P.O. Box 250 – Immigration, National and Passport Office, Asmara, Eritrea. A picture and some fees paid in USD or EUR.
4. Officially appointed entries: Asmara International Airport and Assab International Airport. Some 20 USD or EUR of tax should be paid before leaving the Asmara airport. Please confirm the certain amount of tax in the airport.
5. There are at least 20 bus and minibus lines serving in the capital city. Long-distance bus are available from the capital to other cities and towns.
Please contact Embassy of Eritrea in China if Eritreans are in troubles there.
Related China Embassies in Africa: Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana
I'm Eritrean and got a work contract papers from a company in china, currently i'm visiting china and will go back to Eritrea to do my papers.
My question is, do i need to sign the contract from Eritrean Embassy in China or other special requests?
2. A truly and completely filled application form affixed with one passport-size or 2x2 colored photo.
3. An original admission notice from the Chinese school is required.
4. X Visa applicant (will study for more than 6 months) shall also provide an approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW101 or JW202) issued by the Chinese authorized unit or the Ministry of Education.
5. The applicant who will study in China for more than 6 months shall also provide a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen (Forms and the lists of designated hospital are available at the visa counter).
6. Other documents required by the visa officers if necessary.