Chinese Embassy in Rwanda

Ambassador: Mr. Wang Xuekun
Address: B.P.1345, 44 Boulevard De La Revolution, Kigali, Rwanda
Tel: 252570843

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Rwanda

Address: 34,KN3 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda
Tel: +250-78570843 ext.123, 171/145
Email Address:
Office Hours: 
For visa application: 08:30 - 12:00 from Tuesday - Friday, except for holidays
For collection: 14:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, except for holidays

Visa Application

Ordinary passport holders of the Rwandan should acquire a visa prior to their trip to China. Applicants need to fill in the visa applciation form completely and honestly, prepare all the evidentary documents for applied visa types and then submit to the consular office of the Embassy without an appointment.

Visa Fees in RWF

Nationality / Types Fees
Rwanda Single-Entry  26,250
Double-Entry 39,000
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 52,500
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity / 10-year Validity 78,750
The US All types 152,250
Canana All types 42,000
Argentina All types 93,938
Serbia All types 1,500
Romania Single-Entry 42,000
Double-Entry 56,250
Multi-Entry 84,000
Other Countries Single-Entry 22,500
Double-Entry 33,750
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 45,000
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 67,500
 Effective from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024. 

Rush Service & Express Service Fees

Usually, the processing takes four working days. Rush and express service are not always accepted for processing.

Rush Service 2 working days processing RWF 32,000
Express Service 3 working days processing RWF 22,000

China Visa Requirements

Basic Requirements

1. A valid original passport with enough blank pages. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months.
2. One completed Chinese Application Form signed by the applicant. Children's application form can be signed by their parents or guardians.
3. One recent passport photo affixed to the application form. 
4. For applicants who are not the citizens of Rwanda, a copy of residence card issued by the Rwandan immigration office is required. 

Additional Documents for Different Types

1. Tourist visa (L): Bank deposit certificate and return tickets booking proof;
For applicants who are going to Tibet, a permit issued by Tibetan Tourist Bureau is required. (fax number of Tibetan Tourist Bureau: 0086-891-6834632, telephone number: 0086-891-6834313)
2. Business visa (F): An invitation letter/ fax from a Chinese Government department together with an invitation letter from a Chinese company, a letter of introduction furnished by a company in Rwanda, a copy of the business license in Rwanda;
3. Student visa (X):  JW-201 or JW-202 form issued by the Ministry of Education and a letter of admission from a Chinese University / College, one completed Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
4. Work visa (Z):  An employment permit from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security or the State Administration of Foreign Experts together with an invitation letter from a relevant Department of Chinese Government or a Government-authorized company, one completed foreigner physical examination form;
5. Transit Visa (G): A valid visa and flight tickets for the country of destination.

Important Notice for Application

1. Applications by post are not accepted. Applicants should submit their applications in person or entrust a third party to submit their applications on their behalf to the consular office of the Embassy.
2. An interview may be required by the officer if necessary.
3. Applicants should check the issued visa upon collection and if necessary raise any queries at the same time. The embassy will not hold responsibility relating to it under any circumstances thereafter.

 Please contact Embassy of Rwanda in China if Rwandan nationals have problems there. 

 Other China Embassies in Africa: Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone 
- Last updated on Mar. 04, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Rwanda
Asked by ndahayo thierry from RWANDA | Apr. 30, 2024 02:33Reply
Can you please provide me with more information on visa card requirements for China? Thank you.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am thierry, a business man from Rwanda interested in obtaining a visa card for business to China. Could you please provide me with detailed information on the requirements and process for applying for a visa card? Additionally, I would like to know the specific documents and qualifications needed to successfully obtain a visa card for China. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Keith | May. 06, 2024 00:05

I can tell you need a M-type visa (business visa). The first step is fill in the visa application form online, print it out and sign it. Then, prepare the requirements. To obtain a business visa, the requirements are:
Passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages
Visa Application Form and Photo
Documents on the commercial activity issued by a trade partner in China, or trade fair invitation or other invitation letters issued by relevant entity or individual. The invitation letter should contain:
information on the applicant, information on the planned visit and information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)
Other requirements the Embassy asks for.
The last step, submit your application and all the materials to the consular office of the Embassy.
Asked by Jojo from RWANDA | Mar. 11, 2023 01:47Reply
student visa
Are students required now to do the foreigner physical examination from Rwanda. I am asking this because recently i asked the same question at the embassy they told me i don't have to bring it?
Answers (1)
Answered by Olivia | Mar. 12, 2023 20:09

Do as the embassy told you. After arrival, you need to do it for applying for temporary residence permit.
Asked by Mutoni Divine from RWANDA | Mar. 05, 2023 06:13Reply
Hey how much is it to apply for a student visa
Answers (1)
Answered by Lydon | Mar. 06, 2023 18:13

Student visa usually only has one entry and it costs RWF 35,000.
Asked by Aliona Ishimwe from RWANDA | Apr. 24, 2021 14:36Reply
request for China police clearance certificate
i would like to request a police clearance certificate from china,,i've been there for 5 years and i wish to know if i can get it from kigali china embassy. its for immigration process
Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce | Apr. 26, 2021 00:33

Why don't you request one from the police department of your country? Anyway, you only stayed in China for 5 years and I don't think a police clearance certificate covering 5 years' time helps very much during your immigration application.
Asked by Fabrice from RWANDA | Nov. 12, 2020 00:25Reply
Curious to know if the tourism is open to China already, if someone can apply for a tourist visa and what would be the requirements??

Thank you.
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Nov. 15, 2020 23:06

China has not opened the inbound tourism market yet, and China does not issue tourist visas at present.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)