Why Choose Our
- Free 24/7 Customer Service
- 100% Tailor Made
- Hand-picked Hotels
- Expert Local Guides
- Best Value for Money
- Your Money Fully Protected
Thailand Private Tours (27 itineraries)
Thailand is a Buddhist country with gilded temples and strong religious cultures. You may choose the following private Thailand tours or independent travel itineraries to get a feeling of the smiling country.
Best Thailand Tours
- 4 Days Bangkok - Ayutthaya from $519
- 8 Days Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai from $1549
- 11 Days Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai - Phuket from $1909
- 5 Days Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai from $559
- 10 Days Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai - Ko Samui - Bangkok from $1849
- 12 Days Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Uthai Thani - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai from $2039
Southeast Asia Tours including Thailand
- 17 Days Classic Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam from $2769
- 17 Days Thailand, Laos & Cambodia from $3269
- 14 Days Vietnam & Thailand Trip from $2479
- 13 Days Cambodia & Thailand Highlights from $2419
- 12 Days Thailand & Laos Highlights from $2169
- 15 Days Authentic Thailand & Myanmar from $2849
- 26 Days Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar & Thailand from $5049
- 28 Days Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos from $5019
- 35 Days Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia & Myanmar from $6959
- 13 Days China & Thailand from $2979
- 9 Days India & Thailand Discovery
More Thailand Package Tours
- 6 Days Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Ayutthaya - Bangkok from $929
- 13 Days Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Ayutthaya - Lopburi - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Phuket from $2089
- 14 Days Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai - Phuket - Krabi - Bangkok from $1909
- 12 Days Bangkok - Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai - Pai - Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai from $2049
- One Day Private Bangkok Travel from $89
- 6 Days Bangkok - Pattaya - Bangkok from $1099
Thailand Travel Guide
Basic FactsName: The Kingdom of Thailand
Location: In the center of Indochina Peninsula in Asia
Area: 198,120 sq mi (513,120 kilometers)
Currency: Baht (฿) (THB)
Time Zone: UTC+7
Administrative Division: 76 changwats (province)
Religions and Beliefs: Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism
1. Bangkok: Grand Palace, Four-Faced Buddha, Wat Pho, Wat Phra Kaew, Ayutthaya, Chatuchak Weekend Market, Damnoen Saduak Floating Market...
2. Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai Old City, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wat Chedi Luang, Night Bazaar...
3. Phuket: A globally well-known island and a super place for diving.
4. Pattaya: "The Oriental Hawaii". Wonderful lady-boy shows and Thai boxing performances gather here.
Top activities: Enjoy Thai massage & spa, watch a lady-boy and Thai boxing show, play with elephant, jungle flight...
Best Time to GoMid November to next March is the best time to go, when the average temperature is about 65℉~80℉ (18℃~27℃), not too hot. Also it does not rain too much in this period. In addition, lots of small islands in the south open to tourists from November to next March. National festivals including Loi Krathong Festival and Songkran Festival also fall in this time, when you can enjoy the festive atmosphere with local people. About dressing, T-shirts, shorts, dresses and slippers are the best choices for a Thailand travel. A pair of slippers is useful because in temples and some official places, you are required to take off your shoes.
April to May is the hottest time in a year with the average temperature at 90℉~100℉ (32℃~38℃). Sun-blocking protections like sunglasses are needed to avoid sunburn. June to October is the rainy season, so take rain gears and clothes easy to dry. In northern places, it is colder than other places in the country, so remember to take jackets and long-sleeved shirts to avoid getting ill. During the trip, check the weather forecast timely to make preparation for weather changing in advance.
To travel around inside the country, flights are also available. Trains, long-distance buses and ships are convenient as well; the fares of these means are not expensive as that of flights, so if you are not urgent, you can take these transports to enjoy the scenery along the route.
HistoryThailand is a civilized ancient country with the history of over 700 years, called Siam in ancient times. In the year of 1238, the first kingdom Sukhothai Kingdom was established on the land and the country got unified for the first time. Since then, the country has totally gone through four ages: Sukhothai Kingdom (1238-1350), Ayutthaya Kingdom (1351-1767), Thonburi Kingdom (1768–1782) and Rattanakosin Kingdom (1782–current). The ancient capitals Sukhothai, Ayutthaya and Chiang Mai are the three top places recommended to go to learn about Thai history.
Geographical FeaturesAccording to geographical position, the whole country can be divided into four main parts: north, northeast, central and south. Thai people like to describe their country as the head of an elephant. The north is like a hat on elephant's head, the northeast is like the ear, Gulf of Siam is like the mouth and the south is like the nose.
This part mainly consists of jungles. The weather is colder than other areas especially in winter. Some forest operations are still done by elephants. Chiang Mai is located in this area.
This part belongs to Mekong Basin. Along the river are countless small beaches. This place is where ancient bronze civilization developed.
It is the famous Chao Phraya river floodplain. Because of the fertile soil and tropical monsoon climate, this area has the ideal conditions to cultivate wet-rice and fruits. The world-famous Thai rice mainly grows here. Capital city Bangkok lies here.
It is the north part of Malay Peninsula, rich of rubber, tin ore and seafood. Along the coast, the beaches are of beautiful views. Famous Phuket Island, Krabi and Koh Phi Phi are here. The major cities are Hat Yai and Songkhla.