Why Choose Our
- Free 24/7 Customer Service
- 100% Tailor Made
- Hand-picked Hotels
- Expert Local Guides
- Best Value for Money
- Your Money Fully Protected
As one of the four ancient civilizations of the world, Egypt is a popular tourist destination which owns the famous Giza Pyramids, the Great Sphinx and Nile River. Pick our private Egypt tours and immerse yourself in the vestiges from old Egypt.
Best Egypt Tours
- 7 Days Cairo - Aswan - Abu Simbel - Kom Ombo - Edfu - Luxor - Cairo from $1769
- 11 Days Cairo - Aswan - Nile Cruise - Luxor - Hurghada - Cairo from $2399
- 9 Days Private Tour of Cairo - Luxor - Edfu - Kom Ombo - Aswan - Abu Simbel - Aswan - Cairo from $2059
- 4 Days Cairo Tour from $629
- 6 Days Cairo - Luxor - Cairo - Alexandria - Cairo from $1329
- 5 Days Private Tour of Cairo - El Fayoum - Cairo from $929
More Egypt Tour Packages
Egypt Travel Guide
Basic FactsLocation: in northeastern Africa, to the south of the Mediterranean Sea & the west of the Red Seas
Area: 1,001,449 square kilometers (386,662 square miles)
Population: 95.68 million
Language: the official language of Egypt is Arabic, and for historical reasons, English and French are also widely used
Currency: Egyptian pound (E£) (EGP)
Time Zone: UTC+2
Administrative Division: 27 provinces
Religions and Beliefs: Islam
1. Cairo: Great Pyramid of Giza (Pyramid of Khufu), Egyptian Museum, the Great Sphinx of Giza
2. Luxor: Karnak Temple Complex, Valley of the Kings, Luxor Temple, Tomb of King Tutankhamun
3. Aswan: Abu Simbel Temples
4. Alexandria: Fort Qaitbery
Top activities: the hot-air balloon travel in Luxor, dive in Blue Hole Dahab, Night Tour on River Nile...
Best Time to GoEgypt has a Mediterranean climate with only two seasons around the whole year. Summer is from May to October while autumn is from November to April. The months from June to August are too hot and windy. The rest months are suitable for travel when the climate is mild. Along the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea, due to the humid marine climate, the coast areas have small temperature difference between daytime and nighttime. The more southward and the closer to the desert, the drier the climate becomes. Even during summer, the temperature may drop a lot at nighttime. Therefore, bring some warm clothes during the visit.
2. Clothing taboo: in Egypt, short, thin, transparent, and exposed clothing is forbidden. Wearing vests, shorts and miniskirts is strictly prohibited when visiting mosques.
3. Food habits: do not talk when eating. Don't make sound when drinking juice or hot soup.
HistoryIn 3200 BC, the slavery system of the ancient Egypt was established. From the 11th century BC to the 1st century BC, it was conquered by Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Ancient Macedonia, and the Roman Empire successively. In 1517, it became a province of the Ottoman Empire. It was ruled by France from 1798 to 1801, became a British colony in 1882, and gained independence in 1922. The Republic of Egypt was established in 1958 and formed the United Arab Republic with Syria. In 1971, its name was changed to the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Geographical FeaturesMost of the Egyptian land is low plateau with the altitude of 100-700 meters (330-2,300 feet). The terrain is flat and there is no big mountain. The highest peak of Mount Catherine is 2,629 meters (8,625 feet) above sea level. Deserts and semi-deserts account for 95% of the country's area. The western Libyan Desert occupies two thirds of the country's total area, most of which are quicksand. Inside the dessert, there are oases such as Kharga and Siwa. The eastern Arabian Desert is pebbly desert with bare rocky hills. The Nile River, the world's longest river, flows from south to north with 1,350 kilometers (840 miles) passing through Egypt and forming a large delta north of the capital Cairo. The main lakes are the Great Bitter Lake, Lake Timsah and the largest artificial lake in Africa, Lake Nasser formed by the Aswan High Dam.