China Embassy in Benin
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Diao Mingsheng
Address: No. 2, Route De L'Aeroport, Cotonou, Benin
Mailing Address: 01 B.P. 196 Recette Principal, Cotonou, Benin
Tel: +229-21301292, 21305545, 96204907
08:30-11:30, Monday to Friday (except holidays)
Sections of Chinese Embassy in Benin
|Consular Office||Tel: +229-21301292 |
Office Hours: 08:30-11:30, Monday to Friday (except holidays)
|Cultural Office||Chief: Counselor Bai Guangming |
Address: Avenue Jean-Paul II, B.P.(08) 255, Cotonou
Tel: 229-21313174, 21315214
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 15:00-17:30, Tuesday-Saturday (except holidays)
|Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office||Chief: Counselor Ma Genxi |
Address: Route No. 2 de L'Aeroport, Zone Des Ambassade, Cotonou, P. O. Box 08-0167 (0462)
Tel: +229-21301097, 21300336, 21307409, 21301909
Chinese Visa Fee (XAF)
|Types||Fee for Benin Citizens|
|Multiple Entries with 6 Months||90,000|
|Multiple Entries with 12 Months||120,000|
3. For Chinese citizens who want to be resident or for business, various notarizations, authentications, no criminal record, health certificate and driver's license had better to be done in China, in case to facilitate the procedures in Benin.
The Republic of Benin is seated in western Africa, facing southward to the Gulf of Guinea. Coast plain are had tropical rainforest climate. April to July and September to November are the rainy seasons in southern Benin. In the north, the rainy season ranges from March to September.
Neighboring countries: Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, Togo
Land Area: about 112,622 square kilometers (43,484 square miles)
Capital: Porto-Novo (the seat of the parliament); Cotonou (the seat of the government)
Time: It is 1 hour earlier than GMT and 7 hours later than Beijing Time.
Official Language: French
Major Religions: Fetishism, Christianism, Islam
Currency: centime, CFA franc
Notices for Chinese Going to Benin
1. Visa: China had visa abolition agreement with Benin. Chinese with diplomatic and official passports can stay for 90 days without visas. Ordinary visa for private visits should be applied from their embassy in China. You can apply for residence visa or foreigner residential permit at local immigration bureau. In principle, the entry port does not issue on-site visa.
2. Aside from valid passport and visa, International Certificate of Vaccination are also needed while entering the country.
Please contact Embassy of Benin in China if nationals of Benin have problems there.
Related China Embassies in Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon
1. Make your certificate notarized at the local notary authority or goverment insitution in Benin.
2. Make it authenticated by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Benin.
3. Make it authenticated by the Chinese embassy in Benin.
I only know that the authentication fee charged by the embassy is 12,000 FCFA.