China Embassy in Botswana
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Mr. Zheng Zhuqiang
Address: Plot 3096, North Ring Road, Gaborone, Botswana
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 1031, Gaborone, Botswana
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday, Wednesday, Friday (except holidays)
Sections of Chinese Embassy in Botswana
|Administrative Office||Tel: +267-3952209|
|Consular Office||Tel: +267-3938682|
|Political Office||Tel: +267-3952209|
|Economic & Commercial Office||Tel: +267-3953270, 3900337 |
Visa Application in Chinese Embassy in Botswana
Basic Requirements for Botswana citizens
1. Fully-completed application form with a recent photo;
2. Ordinary passports with at least 6 months of validity and over 2 blank visa pages;
3. Botswana Immigration-certified photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page;
4. Non-Botswana applicants need to provide the copy of immigration-certified residence or work permit in Botswana with at least 6 months’ validity;
5. If applicants have visited abroad with a single stay with duration over 30 days in countries outside African Union Member States from 1st Jan. 2015, they need to explain in detail in the application form and also provide the copy of entry and exit stamps.
5 working days for regular service; 3 working days for express service; 1 working day for urgent service
A single entry visa is P500, and a double entry visa is P750. Express service fee is P260; and urgent service charges P390.
Note: Payment should be made at the Stanbic Bank after application submission.
Botswana is an inland country located in southern Africa, at the desert area of central South African Plateau. Most of the country had arid savanna climate. November to April is the humid and hot season and May to October is the cool and dry season.
Neighboring countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Land Area: about 581,730 square kilometers (224,607 square miles)
Time: It is 1 hour earlier than GMT and 7 hours later than Beijing Time.
Official Language: English (Tswana is also spoken.)
Major Religions: Traditional beliefs, Christianism
Currency: thebe, pula
New Year's Day (January 1and 2), President's Day (July 15), Independence Day (September 30), Christmas, Labor Day, Easter, Ascension Day
Public holidays: January 2, October 1
Notices for Chinese Going to Botswana
1. On-site visa is not available. So entry visas should be applied in advance. These visas are usually issued for travel, visiting one's family or work. Its embassy in China will charge CNY895 for the fare.
2. Verbal visa abolition agreement between Hong Kong and Botswana was made in 1999. Due to some problems in practice, Chinese embassy there is still negotiating with its Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Please contact Embassy of Botswana in China if citizens of Botswana have problems there.
Related China Embassies in Africa: Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde