Chinese Embassy in Chad

Ambassador: Mr. Wang Xining
Rue No. 1021 (Boulevard de Koufra), Premier Arrondissement, Ndjamena, Chad (B. P. 735) 
Tel: +235-22524457

Consular Office

Tel: +235-95828215
Office Hours: 09:30-11:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday except for holidays

Visa Application

Visa application is a must for citizens of Chad holding ordinary passports. They are requested to fill in the visa application form online first, prepare all the supported materials according to the requirements of the different types and submit them to the consular office of the Embassy.

Citizens of Chad can enter and stay in Hong Kong for no more than 14 days without visa application.

Visa Fees (in FAFC)

Regular Fee

Visa Types Chadian Citizens Americans Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry 22,500 82,500 15,000
Double-Entry  33,750 22,500
Multi-Entry  with 6-month Validity 45,000 30,000
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 67,500 45,000
 Effective from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.

Expedited Service Fee

The regular processing time is 4-6 working weeks. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following: 
Rush Service 20,000
Express Service 12,000

 Related China Embassies in Africa: Comoros, Congo, Cote D'Ivoire

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr.ibrahim(chad)
hello, I have chadian passport only valid for next 2 years I have been in hong kong before i want to visit mainland direct not via Hong Kong. I want to know what the embassy need from me to process the visa for me....

 Answered by Mr. Alvin
You can apply for a tourist L from Chinese embassy. The requirements are as follows:
1. Your original passport.
2. One complete Application Form;
3. A passport-sized photo with white background;
4. Return ticket and its copy;
5. Hotel reservation.
If you are among a group tourists, you will also need a certificate from a Chinese travel agency.

  Asked by Mr. aliou(chad)
Please, I want to know if i can travel directly with my chadian passport without applying for visa? Because my friend told me that we are execpted of it to hong kong.

 Answered by Ms. HELPER(Canada)
Yes, you are not required visa to HK if you will stay there for less than 14 Days.

- Last updated on Feb. 23, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Chad
Asked by Moukhtar adam oumar from CHAD | May. 14, 2023 03:33Reply
I want visa for trading
Answers (1)
Answered by Mia | May. 15, 2023 01:26

You can apply for a business visa. However, an invitation letter from your Chinese trading partner is a must.
Asked by kelluabunajidda | Sep. 01, 2020 09:20Reply
kellu Abuna
Am a chadian living in Nigeria work in the Consulate General of Chad in Maiduguri .I have my official passport do I need any visa to guangzhou
Answers (1)
Answered by Irene | Sep. 03, 2020 02:20

Yes, you still need a visa.
Asked by Ali Salam from CHAD | Aug. 15, 2019 02:29Reply
I need to go to China for 5 days business trip next Sunday, August 18th
Can I apply for Urgent / Extra Urgent Service visa on Friday and get in the same day?

Note: Have American Passport (applying in China Consular/Embassy in Ndjamena)
Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from CHAD | Aug. 15, 2019 23:45

Ali, you can apply for urgent service, but I'm not sure whether you will granted such service. Just have a try.
Asked by NYAH | Dec. 08, 2017 11:26Reply
I am a Cameroonian leaving in KOUSSERIE and i will like to visit China for two weeks.
I will like to know if i can apply for a Tourist L type from the Chinese Embassy in Ndjamena with my Cameroon Passport........?
Also i will like to know the requirements for Cameroon Passport........................?
Answers (1)
Answered by Felicity from FRANCE | Dec. 10, 2017 21:07

Hi, it's possible to apply for a Tourist L type from the Chinese Embassy in Ndjamena, and you need to prepare all the required documents including passport and its copy, a completed application form attached with passport-style photo, round air tickets and hotel reservation, as well as other documents the consular officers consider necessary.
Asked by Amir from CHAD | Nov. 10, 2017 14:54Reply
Hello.I was before in hong kong now i need HK travel.How i can get the visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Robert from NETHERLANDS | Nov. 12, 2017 21:26

Hi, you can enjoy free entry to HK for a stay of not more than 14 days, so if you go there for not more than 14 days, no visa is needed. You just need to provide passport, the return ticket, enough travel fees and accommodation arrangement. Nice trip!
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)