China Embassy in D.R. Congo

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Wang Tongqing
Address: No. 447, Avenue Des Aviateurs, Gombe, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Mailing Address: B.P. 9098 Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

All Offices of China Embassy in D.R. Congo (Kinshasa)

Administrative Office Tel: +243-848470801
Commercial Office Tel: +243-851725151
Political Office Tel: +243-848470815
Military Attaché's Office Tel: +243-848470816
Consular Office Tel: +243-851474669
Cultural Office Tel: +243-851474664
Fax: +243-873-763667861
Satellite Telephone: +243-873-763667860

Visa for Chinese Going to D.R. Congo (Kinshasa)

Applicants can go to their Embassy in Beijing or Consulate in Hong Kong to apply for the Visa. They need submit passport and its copy, photo, air ticket and other documents. They can also apply and get a visa upon entry. The categories and fees of D.R. Congo visa are as following:

Categories Single-Entry Valid for One Month Valid for Two Months Valid for Three Months Valid for Six Months
Fees 662 RMB 1,143 RMB 1,625 RMB 2,227 RMB

After you enter D.R. Congo, if you want to prolong the duration of stay, please go to the Immigration Office to apply for extension. Generally, the extension is 6 months and the handling charge is 200 dollars. However, if you want to stay for a long-term period, please firstly go to Chinese embassy in D.R. Cngo to obtain a Nationality Identity, secondly go to Immigration Office to apply for Work Visa (valid for 2 years) or Ordinary Resident Visa (valid for 3 years), and thirdly go to local government to get a Resident ID Card.

 Status of Public Security of D.R. Congo and Suggestions
The public security order is poor. Stealing, swindle, armed robbery and murder often take place. Because the police system is incomplete, the rate of solved criminal cases is very low. Please avoid go out individually, especially in nights. Keep your passport, visa or other certificates in safe places. Take copy of passport and telephone number for an emergency with you.

 Please contact Embassy of Congo (Kinshasa) in China if Congolese are in problems there.

 Related China Embassies in Africa: Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea

- Last modified on Oct. 26, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in D.R. Congo
Asked by Axel from GERMANY DRC | Sep. 20, 2018 04:05Reply
Visa application from Kinshasa for German passport holder
Hello Embassy Team,
I am a contractor to MONUSCO in Goma and have a normal German passport. I want to visit PRC in October and wonder if I can apply for a visa via Kinshasa? Would I have to come in person or can I have the passport incl. required documents be delivered to you.
What documents do you need? How long will it take and how do I pay for it?
Also, I am flying as friend of a swiss air pilot on his flight to China. Meaning I will get a ticket pretty late as it is a complimentary ticket by swiss air. Is that a problem to apply for visa prior to have the ticket? Thank you.
Answers (3)
Answered by Jeremy | Sep. 21, 2018 02:07

Axel, you need to apply by yourself at the embassy.

If you apply for a tourist visa, the required documents including your passport, application form, residence permit in Congo, recent bare-headed photo, a photocopy of the passport, round-trip flight tickets, hotel bookings, travel itinerary, and your income proof, etc.

You can first book refundable flight tickets for the application. After you get the visa, cancel the bookings and use your ticket from friend.
Answered by Axel from DRC | Sep. 21, 2018 03:08

Thank you. I really have to come in person to Kinshasa to get the visa? That is a surprise to me. Can I not have all documents delivered to you? Thank you.
Answered by Edwin from RUSSIA | Sep. 24, 2018 18:57

You should go to China embassy in person to submit the application or find someone else to do that on your behalf.
Asked by Yves from DRC | Jul. 02, 2018 16:33Reply
Can we visit china and enter Hong Kong with the same single entry visa?
Am a Congolese national and would like to apply from kinshasa a Chinese entry permit to go shopping. Would the single entry allow me to enter Guangzhou and later fly off to Hong Kong?
Answers (3)
Answered by Ellen from UK | Jul. 03, 2018 03:28

Hi, you cannot use mainland China visa to visit HK. You need to apply for a HK visa beforehand, too.
Answered by Yves | Jul. 03, 2018 06:23

Hi there, thank you for your swift response. I assume both visas are obtained at the same embassy, Right?
Answered by Ellen | Jul. 03, 2018 20:08

Yes, that's correct.
Asked by Julie from DRC | Jun. 23, 2016 11:32Reply
visiting China for Ghanaian
Please I am Ghanaian military officer serving with MONUSCO, I want to visit China during my leave, what are the documents needed and procedure. Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Chandler from NETHERLANDS | Jun. 24, 2016 03:17

Julie, may I know you hold ordinary passport or official passport? IF it’s official passport, no visa is needed and you can enjoy free entry to PRC for a stay of no more than 30 days.
But if it’s ordinary passport, you need to apply for a tourist L type by preparing those materials including your passport and copy of its data page, the filled-out application form with a passport-style photo attached, hotel reservation, two-way air tickets, and proof of your financial support as well as your valid visa for Congo. After, submit the application to the embassy to apply for it.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)