China Embassy in Zambia

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Li Qiangmin
Address: United Nations Avenue, 7430, Lusaka,
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 31975, Lusaka
Tel: +26-01-251169
Fax: +26-01-251157

Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office of Chinese Embassy in Zambia

Tel: +26-211-263876, 264123 (switchboard)
    +26-211-265069 (office)
Fax: +26-211-262363

Consular Office Working Hours

Application Submission: 09:00 - 12:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Pick-up Time: 14:00 - 16:30

Chinese Visa Fee

Types Zambian & Non-Zambian Passports' Holders USA Passports' Holders
Single Entries K300 K900
Double Entries K450 K900
Multiple Entries within 6-Month K600 K900
Multiple Entries with 1-Year K900 K900

Applicants should pay the visa fee to the designated account of Consular Office with the pick up form at Bank of China from 09:00 to 13:30 on Monday to Friday.

 Brief Intro
The Republic of Zambia is inland country of south-central Africa with most of its territory being plateau area 1,000-1,500 meters above the sea level. Zambezi River, the greatest river in South Africa, flows through western and southern Zambia. It has subtropical savanna climate and the year can be generally divided into three seasons: cool season (May-August), hot season (September-November) as well as warm and humid season (December-April). Its annual average temperature is about 24℃ (72.5℉).
Neighboring countries: the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Malawi and Mozambique
Land Area: about 752,614 square kilometers (290,586 square miles)
Capital: Lusaka   
Time: It is 2 hours earlier than GMT and 6 hours later than Beijing Time. 
Official Language: English (About 70 indigenous tribe dialects are spoken.)
Major Religions: Christianism, Hinduism, Islam
Currency: ngwee, Zambia kwacha

 Public Holidays:
New Year's Day (January 1and 2)
Youth Day (March 12 and 13)
African Freedom Day (April 15)
Labor Day (May 1)
African Liberation Day (May 25)

 Please contact Embassy of Zambia in China if Zambians have troubles there. 

 Related China Embassies in Africa: Zimbabwe, Algeria, Angola

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. humphrey 
I’m based in Hong Kong. I would want to know about the new passports. Pls can anybody help me with the information? I am trying to get it but I can not

 Answered by Mrs. Ceile 
I find that there is no consulate-general in Hong Kong. Maybe you have to renew your passport in your home country, since you will have to apply for a visa if you renew your passport at your Embassy in Beijing or Zambia’s oversea commissions in other countries or regions near to Hong Kong.

  Asked by Ms. Odei 
I had admission to read mbbs at a Chinese university before, but I failed to go after I got the visa due to some inconvenience. And now I have gotten another school. I want to know if I have to re-apply or renew my old X for the new school?

 Answered by Mr. Elliott
Yeah, you have to apply for a new visa with the documents provided by your new school in China.

- Last modified on Sep. 18, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Zambia
Asked by Chomba from ZAMBIA | Sep. 18, 2019 13:31Reply
About urgent visa processing
If the visa officer accepts an urgent visa process, how many days would that take? And how much more would one have to pay?
Answers (1)
Answered by Belly from ZAMBIA | Sep. 18, 2019 20:38

If the officer accepts an urgent visa application, it may take one working day for the processing. You need to pay extra K280 for the urgent service. Besides, you should pay the visa fee.
Asked by Arnold Morton from ZAMBIA | Sep. 13, 2019 15:04Reply
In transit
I’m a Zambian travelling to VANCOUVER via Hong Kong do I require a visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Alice from DENMARK | Sep. 15, 2019 20:54

No, you don't need it.
Asked by Grace from ZAMBIA | Sep. 09, 2019 03:21Reply
I wish to apply for a double entry visa into China
to fly into China then from there go to Japan to visit my brother and his family(already have Japan visa). Can that be accepted? I will also be visiting my friend from University in China.What documents do I need to submit?
Answers (1)
Answered by Ted from SINGAPORE | Sep. 10, 2019 18:24

It ia acceptable. You should submit your passport, the completed visa application form with a passport photo, air ticket booking records (round trip) and proof of a hotel reservation, etc. or an invitation letter issued by a individual in China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)