Affected by coronavirus pandemic, Shanghai Disneyland Park
has been shut down for over 3 months since its close from January 25, 2020. As the pandemic in China is contained, Shanghai Disney Resort
announced to reopen the theme park to the public officially on May 11. This is also the world's first Disneyland Park to reopen while the other 5 parks keep shutting down due to the virus spread. Learn more details about the reopen and things you should know before going!
Is the whole resort going to reopen?
In fact, a part of Shanghai Disney Resort has been reopened since March 9, 2020 including Disney Town, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel.
On May 11, most of the resort will be reopened including major attractions, rides and shows. However, some interactive attractions and activities, such as children play areas, fantasy parades, the nighttime fireworks show and theater shows will remain closed in the early stage. But they may also return later depending on the situation.
Will Shanghai Disney reopen with controlled capacity?
Yes, Shanghai Disney will reopen with a controlled capacity of about 24,000 each day, accounting for about 30% of the former tourist flow volume.
Is it safe to visit Shanghai Disneyland Park?
To ensure tourists' safety and health, Shanghai Disney declared to take a series of measures including required social distance in queues, restaurants and other facilities, advanced ticket booking, and more frequent sanitization and disinfection. Also, everyone is required to wear a mask.
When and where can I book tickets?
The ticket reservations will be available on line from May 8 at 8:00 a.m. During the initial stage of reopening, as the tickets are limited every day, visitors are suggested to book tickets as early as possible.
Shanghai Disneyland Tickets Booking
Additional Measures & Requirements for Visitors:
1. Visitors must book tickets and make reservations online in advance and the on-site tickets will be temporarily unavailable.
2. When purchasing tickets, visitors should register their basic information including name, phone number, and ID or passport number. Then visitors will receive a reservation QR code after successful submission, which is required to present when entering the park.
3. Register for Health QR Code in advance and only people who hold the green Health QR Code are allowed to enter.
4. When entering, take and present valid travel documents (ID or passport) used for booking. Photos or printed copies are not accepted.
5. Everyone will accept temperature screening when entering.
6. Visitors must wear masks throughout the park during the visit, only except when having meals.
Note: All those may be further adjusted depending on the situation.
How about world’s other Disneyland Parks?
Besides Shanghai Disneyland Resort, other 5 Disney Resorts in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris, Orlando, and California also shut down in the past months under the pandemic and the reopen time is still uncertain.
According to a report of UBS, it is estimated that Disneyland parks in Orlando and California are not expected to reopen until 2021 at the earliest.