|Tourists travel on foot in Longsheng|
Because of its unique landform Longsheng interior transportation is very simple. Although there is a regular bus to the main scenic areas, traveling by foot is more popular because of the beautiful scenery. Along the journey hikers can see the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces and many villages, in which different ethnic groups live.
|Explore Longsheng on foot|
By the way, some local inns located in the terraces offer round-trip express buses for clients to get to the scenic area directly. Of course, you should do accommodation reservation in advance and ask for pick-up. The bus's ticket fare is a little higher which is around CNY40 to CNY50 per person for a single journey. Usually, the driver will pick up travelers early in the morning from your hotels in Guilin.
1. To Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces (in Ping'an Village of Heping Township): the regular bus spends one hour arriving at the parking lot of the Ping'an Village, then 30 minutes' walk brings tourists to the scenic area. The bus fare is about CNY10 per person.
2. To Longsheng Hot Springs National Forest Park: the regular bus's operating hours is from 07:00 to 18:00 with one shift every 20 minutes. The fare is about CNY5 per person.
Note: For detailed information on how and where to take the regular bus, please ask your tour guide or the local residents when you are there.
How to Travel between Guilin and Longsheng
2) How far is it from Ridge Inn to the rice terraces? (Their information on booking.com says 0.4 miles; I just want to verify this.)
3) If I am not able to walk from the Ridge Inn to the terraces (just want to see a rice terrace, really), is it possible to take a taxi there?
Any help would be appreciated.
2. Yes, it's true.
If you want to hire a private car from the airport directly, the fare is CNY300 to 400 for the single trip.
2. The earliest bus from Yangshuo to Guilin is at 06:45.