China Consulate in Auckland, New Zealand
Visa Application Form of PRC
Consul General: Mr. Niu Qingbao
Address: 588 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland, New Zealand.
Postal Address: P.O. Box 17-123, Greenlane, Auckland, New Zealand.
Tel: +64-9-5251588, 5251589
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Auckland
Address: 630 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland, New Zealand. (application by mail can send to this address)
Tel: +64-9-5265680, 5713471
Office Hours: 09:00-11:30 (for Application), 14:00-16:00 (for Pick-Up), Monday-Friday.
Northland, Auckland, Waikato
How to Apply and get your visa?
1. Please prepare for the required documents for application.
2. Submit the application between 09:00-11:30 in the working days in the Consulate in Auckland. In the afternoon, the consulate doesn't deal with the applications.
3. Pick up a number at the entrance of the main hall, and queue up at the entrance of the visa hall.
4. When you wait for your number, please see the instructions put up in the hall, check your application documents and put them in order.
5. When your number is called, please submit your application documents.
6. Get the pink PICK UP RECEIPT.
7. According to the date of PICK UP RECEIPT or announcement of the consular office, pick up your passport between 14:00-16:00 in the working days at the Consulate.
8. Pick up a number at the entrance of main hall, and wait for your number at the visa hall.
9. Approach the Window 1 to give the pink PICK UP RECEIPT and make payment.
10. Sign up at the blank area of white PICK UP RECEIPT and return it to consulate employee.
11. Pick up your passport, get the exchange and receipt.
12. Check it carefully and make inquiries if there is any mistake.
Fees & Processing Time
1. The information about fees can be found in the page of the embassy in New Zealand or by the link on the top of this page.
2. The consulate in Auckland doesn't accept cash, Company Cheque or Personal Cheque as means of payment. So please pay by Bank cheque, Money Order, Credit Card (visa card & master card only) or EFTPOS. The payee should be "Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Auckland".
3. The consulate in Auckland needs 4 working days to process the application. For emergencies, the express or rush service is available.
If you send applications by mailing, please pay attention to the following notes:
a. Applicants should provide a self-addressed and pre-paid return envelope with sufficient postage. Please enclose visa fee and NZ$15 extra handling service fee per pack in Bank Cheque or money order within your pack. For a group of applications in one pack, pay one handling service fee, if all applications are sent back as one pack;
b. The consular office is not responsible for the loss or damage to your documents during mail/courier.
c. It takes 5 to 15 working days to process applications by mail or courier bag since they are received. Urgent application by mailing is not available.
d. During the 15 days after you send your application by mailing, please don't inquiry about the status of your application.
Notice about Non-New Zealand Passport holders
1. As from May 2010, express service is not available to the American and French passport holders. They should submit their applications in person or through travel agents, or someone on their behalf. Application from them by courier or postal mail is not acceptable and will be denied. Additional requirements such as Return ticket, Hotel Reservation, Travel Itinerary, Invitation letter, letter from their Employer, Bank Statement may be required if necessary.
2. As from 5th July 2012, express service is unavailable for passport holders of the following 16 countries:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
China Tour from New Zealand, China Tour from Auckland, China Tour from Wellington
How can I contact someone to check on the status / whereabouts of my passport? I was told the visa was approved last Wednesday...
I'm going to China for a conference from New Zealand but I am from Nepal. My visa in Nz is going to expire but I have applied for the student's visa for extension but not sure when I will get back from them. Should I wait until I get my NZ visa or can I apply for a Chinese visa first?