Useful Telephone Numbers in China
If you have an emergency while you are traveling (such as fire or traffic accidents), or other trouble or have other complaints or questions, the following telephone numbers may be useful.
|Police (Text message)||12110|
|SOS in Water||12395|
1. 110, 120 and 119 are free calls. 110 may be used for all emergencies. It is the first number to call. Whether 119 or 120 is called depends on the situation.
2. The more details you can provide to the police, the better. At a minimum you will need to provide your name and location and give a description of the problem. If you don’t know the exact position, tell them the landmarks buildings nearby. If you are in a remote area, you will need to give the name of the town or village. After the call, you should keep your phone on in case they need to call you back. When you see a police car approaching, wave to them actively.
3. After calling 120, first-aid treatment is not encouraged. Unless you have first-aid training, you should just wait patiently for the doctors to arrive.
4. If you can leave the accident area, please wait for the rescue workers at some obvious places where they can easily find you.
Questions & Complaints
|Complaints about Goods’ Qualities||12315|
|Complaints about Prices||12358|
|Post Code Information||184|
|Comprehensive Information||12580/ 118114|
Both 12580 and 118114 provide similar services but they are operated by different communication companies and you pay for all calls.. They can provide help with hotel bookings, local transportation transferring information and information about local attractions.
Bank of China
|Agricultural Bank of China||95599|
|China Construction Bank||95533|
|Industrial and Commercial Bank of China||95588|
|Bank of Communications||95559|
|Standard Chartered Bank||800-820-8088|
Almost all of these banks provide English self-service and some provide you English staff service, so if you have any trouble related to the bank, you will be well served by them. There is a cost for calling any of these numbers.
Airline Companies & Major Airport Services
|China Eastern Airline||95530|
|Beijing Capital International Airport||96158|
|Shanghai Pudong International Airport||96990|
1. All these numbers are free and provide services in English.
2. When you use China Mobile service to make international calls you need to add 12593 before the number you are calling and add 17951 when making national long distance calls.
English services are provided by all these companies. These companies will send couriers to your house or hotel to help you to send out parcels.