Macau Fisherman's Wharf
Near Macau Maritime Terminal, Macau Fisherman's Wharf is Macau's first theme park as well as a shopping center modeled on Euramerican fisherman's wharfs. It has an area of over 111,500 square meters (about 28 acres), of which 40 percent is reclaimed from the sea. It was invested in by Ho Hung San (One of the top 10 billionaires in the Hong Kong-Macau region through running his gambling business) and Chow Kam Fai (a Macau entrepreneur in the tourism, entertainment and gambling industries). The total investment in the project is about MOP1.9 billion. The wharf was inaugurated on December 31st, 2005, in the presence of Ho Hau-wah, the chief executive of Macao, and Ho Hung San. On December 23rd, 2006, it was opened to the public formally. Now, it is rapidly emerging as a popular attraction.
Three Sections of Macau Fisherman's Wharf
With different characteristics, Macau Fisherman's Wharf can be divided into three main sections: Dynasty Wharf, East Meets West and Legend Wharf.
Dynasty Wharf is composed of many Chinese towers, which are built in the imitation of the Tang-style.
East Meets West
Macau East Meets West mixes together oriental traditions and features of western design, including a 40-metre (about 131 feet) tall man-made volcano, waterfalls, architectures of Greece, an ancient battleship, an Arabian children's play area, a Roman Amphitheatre, a characteristic shopping mall and exhibition facilities.
Legend Wharf is equipped with all kinds of recreational facilities, such as a High-tech Games Center, Water Performance Arena and a Video Games Center.
With large amounts of money being invested in expertise and manpower, the Fisherman's Wharf has developed into a well-equipped place for public entertainment. It is worth noting that Macau Fisherman's Wharf sits right beside the Sands Macau, which is another place to further your visit.
Sands Macau, which was named after a hotel (the Sands Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas), is the largest and the first U.S. owned casino in Macau. The project is invested by Sheldon Gary Adelson (the Las Vegas Sands Chairman). With an investment of $240 million, it opened its doors in 2004. With an area of 4,132,231 square meters (about 1,021 acres), it has 740 table games and more than 600 casino slot machines. Sands Macau is, without doubt, a magnificent casino center for visitors.
How to get to Macau Fisherman's Wharf
1. Take bus 3AX to Fisherman's Wharf Convention Center.
2. Take bus 1A, 3A, 3, 10B, 10X, 10, 28A, 28B, 29, 32, 56, AP1, or N1A to Avenida da Amizade.
|Opening Hours||All day|
Grand Prix Museum & Wine Museum
Macau Museum of Art
Golden Lotus Square
Top 10 Things to Do in Macau
From Ruins of St. Paul to Venetian, you can take MT4 from Bogang Parking lot station to it. It takes around 1 hour with CNY6.
2.How to get to Kunlam Ecumenical Centre from Senado Square?
3.How to get to Fishermans Wharf Macao from Kunlam Ecumenical Centre?
4. How to get to The Venetian from Fisherman's Wharf Macao?
5.How to get to Outer Harbour Ferry Macau from Casino Ventian Macao?
2. Bus Line 5/2/16/7 are available.
3. Take Bus Line 28C/ 23/ 32.
4. Take Bus Line AP1 to Avenida Wai Long and walk south about 700m.
5. Take Bus Line 56 directly.
1. If i am staying in Zhuhai, how far is Senado Square and all the tourist attractions around it? from what i read, the Ama temple, Ruins of St Paul and a few more spots are not far from one another.. If near, how do i travel? What bus?
2. I am planning a 2 days trip to Hong Kong as well. From where do i take the ferry from if i am staying in Zhuhai?
3. How do i travel to Fisherman's wharf from Zhuhai, and what time would be ideal?
4. Since my flight back is from Macao, i need to take the ferry back to Macao. Where would you suggest me to spend my last day in Macao, which ferry terminal in Macao do i stop at?
5. I am staying near Victoria Harbor in HK. How do i travel to the Hong Kong Disneyland ?
6. Any very important, not to miss tourist attractions that you'd suggest, ive got a rough idea of my travel route, but im open to ideas.
Thank you so much, most appreciated.
2. You can take the ferry from Zhuhai Jiuzhou Port.
3. Take bus no.AP1 to Avenida da Amizade first. Then walk northeast around 150 meters.
4. You are suggested to stay nearby the Gongbei Port. From Hong Kong to Macao, the ferry will stop at Macao Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal or Taipa Ferry Terminal.
5. Take Island Line from North Point to Central Station. Walk to HK Station and take Tung Chung Line to Sunny Bay. Transfer to Disneyland Resort Line and get to Disneyland Resort.
6. I think your travel plan is good. The transportation among these three places is convenient. :)
1. Which Hong Kong ferry terminal do I get down if I need to go to Victoria city? Is there any shuttle bus to Victoria city or bus number?
2. How do I go from taipa to Macau Airport?
2. From Taipa to Macao Airport: The transportation is convenient. Take bbus no.AP1 to the airport directly.