Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Bangladesh

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Ma Mingqiang
Address: Plot 2&4, Embassy Road, Block-1, Baridara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Tel: +88-02-9887923; 01760503035 (only available in holidays)
Fax: +88-02-9896878; 9880188
Office Hours: 09:00-12:30, 15:00-17:00, Sunday-Thursday (except holidays)
Email: Chinaemb_bd@mfa.gov.cn
Website: http://bd.china-embassy.org/eng/

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh

Tel: +88-02-8856064  (15:00-17:00 only)
Fax: +88-02-8858259
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Sunday - Thursday (except holidays).


Regular Fee per Person

Types Bangladeshis Citizens American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry 2050 Taka 9800 Taka 1460 Taka
Double-Entry 2550 Taka 9800 Taka 2190 Taka
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 3600 Taka 9800 Taka 2920 Taka
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 6000 Taka 9800 Taka 4380 Taka
Hong Kong Visa/ Entry Permit 1800 Taka 1800 Taka 1800 Taka

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, you can apply for the expedited service. Moreover, additional service fee will be paid as following: 
2-3 working days processing 1750 Taka

Requirements for Application

Basic Requirements

1. Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration) with blank pages and copy of the data pages and the photo page if it is separate;
2. One completed Visa Application Form with one passport photo.
3. Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those who not applying in their country of citizenship)

Addtional Requirements

L visa for tourism:
For tourism, documents showing the itinerary including round-trip air ticket and proof of hotel reservation are required, or an invitation letter issued by individual/entity should be provided.

Applicants who wish to travel to Tibet, Original Tibet Entry Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau (Tel: 0086-891-6834313, Fax: 0086-891-6834632) is required, applicants can contact a travel agency to get the Tibet Entry Permit for you.

F/M visa for business:
Original and copy of Invitation Letter issued by a relevant entity or individual; Invitation letter or Confirmation letter of invitation from Authorized Unit of China.

X visa for study:
Original and copy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities;
Original and copy of Application Form for Study (JW201, JW202);

Z visa for employment:
Original and copy of Employment License for Foreigners issued by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of China, or Work Permit issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs;

Original Invitation Letter or Confirmation Letter issued by authorized departments of Chinese Government;

A Physical Examination Report for Foreigner from local public hospitals.

G visa for transit:
An onward air (train or ship) ticket with confirmed date and seat to the destination country or region.

Hong Kong Special Administrative Region

1. According to the new arrangement made by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR, from December 11, 2006, nationals of Bangladesh must have a visa to enter the HKSAR for any purposes, such as direct transit (not go out of airport), ordinary transit (go out of airport) and visit, excluding following situations:

A. Diplomatic/service (official) passport holders are free for a stay up to 14 days.
B. United Nations Laissez Passport holders go to Hong Kong or transit Hong Kong to/from a third place for official purposes.
C. Operating aircrew and operating seaman in work go to Hong Kong.

3. The following Bangladeshis including their accompanying spouse and children can apply for visit visa for a stay up to 14 days and Single-Entry or Double-Entry for Transit with a stay up to 7 days.
A. Government officials holding ordinary passport
B. Celebrities in society and business circles
C. Employees of famous large-scale enterprise, including multinational companies, international airlines and shipping enterprises, financial entities, banks, insurance entities and foreign representative. Moreover, they are required to show the Certificate Letter (go to Hong Kong for Business) issued by their company.

4. The other Bangladeshi citizens should directly post their applications to the Immigration Department of the HKSAR. Its address is Floor 6, Immigration Tower, No.7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.

 Please contact Embassy of Bangladesh in China if  Bangladeshis are in troubles there. 

Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, New Delhi, India

- Last modified on Dec. 18, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Bangladesh
Asked by Rajon from BANGLADESH | Mar. 14, 2020 02:17Reply
I came to Embassy to verify my Police Clearance Certificate on January 18, 2020 but I have not received an SMS so far when I can get it if my document has been verified, please let me know if I am very helpful.
Answers (1)
Answered by James from BANGLADESH | Mar. 15, 2020 20:13

Please be patient and wait a few days. If the document has been verified, the embassy will notify you to collect it.
Asked by Emtiaz from BANGLADESH | Jan. 19, 2020 00:07Reply
We are 03 having Bangladeshi passport, Can we get China Visa on Arrival at Guangzhou Airport
Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from USA | Jan. 19, 2020 17:52

Generally, one cannot get a visa on arrival at Guangzhou airport.
Asked by Saif from BANGLADESH | Jan. 14, 2020 08:17Reply
Transit through Guangzhou
I am Bangladeshi passport holder & planning to travel Melbourne from Dhaka by Chaina Southern airlines having 3 hrs lay over at Guangzhow.Does need any visa for this travel.

Regards Saif
Answers (1)
Answered by Larry from BANGLADESH | Jan. 14, 2020 18:11

You don't need visa for this trip.
Asked by Muhammad Maheen from BANGLADESH | Dec. 31, 2019 21:52Reply
About Visa Submitting Information
As a travel agent can we submit clients passport and other documents for china visa?
Answers (2)
Answered by jenny from BANGLADESH | Jan. 01, 2020 19:04

Yes, you can.
Answered by Muhammad Maheen from BANGLADESH | Jan. 01, 2020 22:04

Do we need any kind of registration or authorization as a travel agent in China embassy for submitting clients passport?
Asked by Kawsar from BANGLADESH | Dec. 17, 2019 19:41Reply
China visa
I got single entry visa to visit China on 28 July , 2016 but I don't go due to some unavoidable issue , so now can I have multientry visa to visit China ? Kindly assist me please , thanks /kawsar
Answers (1)
Answered by Kira from BANGLADESH | Dec. 18, 2019 19:52

You can try to apply for a multiple entry visa to visit China, but whether you can get it is to be determined by the consular officers.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)