Embassy & Consulates of U.S.A. in China
Embassy of the United States of America in Beijing
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 8531 3000
Office Hours: 08:00-17:00 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
New Chancery Building of U.S.A Embassy
The new chancery is located in Tianze Road, Chaoyang District of Beijing. It is near to the Lufthansa Shopping Center, the Ladies' Street and the Kempinski Hotel.
Visa Fee for Chinese Passport Holders
Since April 13th, 2012, the U.S. visa fee for Chinese passport holders has been lifted from 140 U.S. dollars up to 160 U.S. dollars, including student visa, tourist visa, business visa and other non-immigrant visas.
Office of American Citizens Services
Address: No.55 An Jia Lou Road, Beijing 100600
Tel: (+86)10 8531 3000
Fax: (+86)10 6532 4153
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:00-16:00 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
1. On Wednesday, the embassy only opens during the morning 08:30-12:00.
2. Any electronic product is forbidden to bring to the embassy, such as mobile phone, electronic dictionary, MP3 and Palmtop.
3. Don't take backpack, suitcase or big packages to embassy.
4. Please enter this office through the east gate of the embassy. East gate is situated in the Intersection of Tian Ze Road and An Jia Lou Road, close to Ladies' Street and Laitai Flower Market. The nearest subway station is the Liangmaqiao stop on line No.10.
Services for American Citizens
1. Handle passports and birth registration.
2. Provide assistance to them who are in emergencies, such as accidents, arrest, poverty, natural disasters.
3. Help them to enjoy the benefits of federal government
4. Assist them to transact Notarization, Rate-paying, Vote and Travel Registration.
If passport of American Citizens is lost or stolen, what they can do?
1. Report immediately to the local Police Station or Public Security Bureau to get an official Lost Passport Report. If they are in Beijing, please contact the Exit-Entry Management Division of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau. Its information is: Address: No.2 Dong Da Jie, An Ding Men, Dong Cheng District; Tel: (+86)10 8402 0101. They also need to apply for a new Chinese visa to this authority.
2. Go to American embassy in Beijing or American consulates to apply for a new passport in person. They are required to bring the following documentation: proof of identity (e.g. Driver's License, expired certificate, Student ID Card), proof of American Citizenship (e.g. sealed original Birth Certificate with a filing number, canceled American passport), filled-in DS-11 and DS-64 Forms, two standard passport photos, passport fees (USD 100 for people over 16 years old, USD 85 for people under the age of 16)
2021 Public Holidays
|Jan. 1||Friday||New Year's Day|
|Jan. 18||Monday||Martin Luther King's Birthday|
|Feb. 11 - 16||Thursday - Tuesday||Chinese New Year|
|Feb. 15||Monday||Washington's Birthday|
|Apr. 5||Monday||Qingming Festival|
|Apr. 30||Friday||International Labor day|
|May 31||Monday||Memorial Day|
|Jun. 14||Monday||Dragon Boat Festival|
|Jul. 5||Monday||Independence Day|
|Sept. 6||Tuesday||Labor Day|
|Oct. 1 - 6||Thursday - Tuesday||China's National Day|
|Oct. 11||Monday||Columbus Day|
|Nov. 11||Thursday||Veterans' Day|
|Nov. 25||Thursday||Thanksgiving Day|
|Dec. 24||Friday||Christmas Day|
Consulate General of the United States of America in Guangzhou
Address: No. 43, Huajia Road, Zhujiang New Town, Tian He District, Guangzhou
Postal Code: 510623
Tel: (+86)20 3814 5000
Fax: (+86)20 3884 4410
Office Hours: 08:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 16:45 (Mon. - Fri.)
Mailing address: No. 1, Shamian South Street, Guangzhou, 510133, PRC
Consular Areas: Guangdong Province, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Fujian Province, Hainan Province
Consulate General of the United States of America in Shanghai
Address: 1469 Huai Hai Zhong Road (Near Wulumuqi Nan Lu), 200031 Shanghai
Tel: (+86)21 8011 2200
Office Hours: 8:00 - 11:30 and 13:30 - 15:30 (Mon. – Fri.)
Consular Areas: Shanghai, Zhejiang Province, Jiangsu Province, Anhui Province
Note: The U.S. Consulate in Shanghai’s consular section is located on the eighth floor of Westgate Mall, 1038 West Nanjing Road, Shanghai.
Consulate General of the United States of America in Shenyang
Address: No.52 14th Wei Lu, Heping District, Shenyang 110003
Tel: +86-24-2322 1198
Fax: +86-24-2322 2374
Office Hours: 08:30-17:30, Monday-Friday
09:00-12:00 and 13:30-16:00, Monday-Friday (for visa)
Consular Areas: Jilin Province, Liaoning Province, Heilongjiang Province
Consulate General of the United States of America in Wuhan
Address: Room 4701, New World International Trade Tower I No. 568, Jianshe Avenue, Hankou, Wuhan 430022
Office Hours: 09:00 - 18:00, Monday-Friday
Consular Areas: Hubei Province, Hunan Province, Henan Province and Jiangxi Province
Please contact China Embassy in U.S.A. if Americans will go to China.
China Tours from USA, From New York, From Washington, From Los Angeles, From Seattle, From Chicago,
From Detroit, From Houston, From San Francisco, From Hawaii, From Boston