Sichuan Dry-fried Shredded Beef
Style: Sichuan (Szechuan) Cuisine
Characteristics: This dish tastes hot and spicy. The mouthwatering beef looks red and is very tender.
As one of the most well-known Sichuan dishes, the Dry-fried Shredded Beef attracts many diners. Not only its appearance and flavor, but also the beneficial nutrition makes it a popular dish. It helps to strengthen the spleen and stimulate the appetite. Due to its easy cooking method, it has been one of the most common home-made dishes.
3-5 cloves of garlic
processed sesame, 10g
light soy sauce
5-10 dried chili peppers
broad bean paste, 5g
prickly ash seeds, 10g
Note: The amount of the ingredients and seasonings listed above can be changed according to one's personal taste.
1. Clean the beef and cut into 5cm shreds. Place them onto a plate.
2. Clean the celery and cut into 2-3cm strips.
3. Clean dried chili peppers and cut into small slices.
4. Remove the husk of the garlic and peel the ginger. Clean and cut finely.
Put beef slices into a large bowl. Add cooking wine, starch, pepper powder and a little cooking oil. Stir and mix well, and then let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Place a wok over high heat and add cooking oil until hot. Add beef slices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they turn yellowish-white.
In sequence, add in dried chili pepper slices, broad bean paste and prickly ash seeds. Stir and fry for 30 seconds.
Add minced ginger, garlic and a little light soy sauce. Fry the beef further for 2-3 minutes until all juice vanishes.
Add celery and stir for 30 seconds more. Then add in the processed sesame and a little salt. Fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Pour the mixture onto a plate. The Sichuan Dry-fried Shredded Beef is ready.
2. As the broad bean paste contains salt, please note that it is not necessary to add salt or just add a little during cooking. The exact flavor depends on one's personal taste.