Hong Kong Science Museum
Opened in 1992, the Hong Kong Science Museum has become a good place to explore scientific knowledge. The museum stands in the east of Tsim Sha Tsui, beside the Hong Kong Museum of History and Harbour City, with a total area of 1.6 acres (about 6,480 square meters). It contains 500 exhibits with five major themes, namely, the introduction of exhibition, natural science, life science, technology, and children's gallery designed for children aged three to seven. The five-themed exhibits are distributed in 17 exhibition areas. Of all the exhibits, 70% are admitted to touch and operate for visitors. The museum is suitable for families with children to go. The interpretations of exhibits are easy to understand. Besides, the interactive games are helpful to children's intellectual development.
|Map of Hong Kong Science Museum|
The Hong Kong Science Museum has different scientific exhibits on each floor:
The Energy Machine
-1F - Common Cognitive Technology
1F - Computer-based Exhibits
2F - Daily Technology
3F - Energy-saving Methods
The museum is equipped with many facilities including a lecture hall, resource center, gift shops, and bookstores. Apart from the permanent exhibition halls, the museum regularly organizes some special exhibitions to introduce new technology. It also offers a chance to join in the popular activities of science for the public.
Daily Science Demonstration Timetable
|13:30||Artificial Clouds |
Note: The demonstration at this point of time is unavailable on Sat, Sun and public holidays.
How to get to Hong Kong Science Museum
1. Take the West Rail Line and get off at East Tsim Sha Tsui Station. Get out from Exit P2. Then walk along Chatham Road south for about 10 minutes.
2 Take the Tsuen Wan Line of MTR and get off at Tsim Sha Tsui Station. Get out from Exit B2. Then walk for about 18 minutes along Cameron Road.
3. Take the East Rail Line and get off at Hung Hom Station. Get out from Exit D1. Then walk along the foot bridge towards East Tsim Sha Tsui for around 15 minutes.
1. Take the bus no. 5, 5C, 5P, 5X, 8, 8A, 13X, 26, 28, 35A, or 41A, and get off at Hong Kong Science Museum Station.
2. Take the bus no. 973, A20 or A21 to Hong Kong Science Museum, Chatham Road South.
|Entrance Fee||Standard Ticket: HK$20 |
Group Ticket: HK$14 for a group of more than 20 visitors
Concessionary Ticket: HK$10 for disabled visitors, and seniors aged 60 or above.
1. Free for children under 4 years old accompanied by an adult with a ticket
2. Free on Wednesdays
|Opening Hours||Monday to Wednesday, Friday: 10:00-19:00 |
Saturday, Sunday, public holidays: 10:00-21:00
Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year's Eve: 10:00-17:00
Closed on Thursdays (except holidays) and the first two days of Chinese New Year