Museums in Kowloon
Hong Kong Space Museum
|Hong Kong Space Museum|
East and West Wings of Hong Kong Space Museum
The Space Theatre in Hong Kong Space Museum
The Hall of Space Science & the Hall of Astronomy
The Hong Kong Space Museum has a collection of meteorites and organizes extension activities that enrich the lives of both children and adults. A lot of information related to astronomy can be found by visiting the homepage.
How to get to Hong Kong Space Museum
2. Take Bus 1, 1a, 2, 6, 7, 8a, 8p, or 9 to Hong Kong Cultural Centre, which is right beside the Hong Kong Space Museum.
|Entrance Fee||Omnimax Show/Sky Show||School Show||Exhibition Halls|
HKD 24 (Front Stalls);HKD 32 (Stalls)
HKD 12 (Front Stalls);HKD 16 (Stalls)
|HKD 32; |
HKD 16 for students.
|Standard: HKD 10 |
Concession: HKD 5
Weekly Pass: HKD 30
|Opening Hours||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday : 13:00 - 21:00 |
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday : 10:00 - 21:00
Closed at 17:00 on Christmas Eve and Lunar New Year's Eve
Closed on Tuesdays (Except Public Holiday) and the first two days of the Lunar New Year
Note: The museum is closed for a makeover and will reopen to the public at the end of March, 2018.
* Children under 3 years old will not be admitted to Omnimax Show/Sky Show; Exhibition Halls are free for children under 4, but they must be accompanied by adults.
* Concession is applicable to full-time students, people with disability and senior citizens aged 60 or above.
* Weekly Pass Holders can enjoy unlimited admission to the following Museums within ONE WEEK: Museum of History, Science Museum, Space Museum (excluding the Space Theatre), Museum of Art, Museum of Coastal Defence, Heritage Museum and Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum.
Hong Kong Museum of History
The Hong Kong Museum of History has a gross floor area of 17,500 square meters (4.32 acres). The building is a contemporary one, designed by P&T Architects and Engineers Ltd., with the architectural concepts of Mr. E. Verner Johnson. Its exterior and color harmonize with its neighbor, the Science Museum, together forming a museum complex.
The collection in Hong Kong Museum of History is mainly from the local region and Southern China. After many years' search and acquisition, it now has over 90,000 pieces, divided into four types – natural historical, archaeological, folk-custom and local historical.
The permanent exhibition Hong Kong Story, which introduces the history of the city, covers 7,000 square meters (1.7 acres) and comprises eight exhibition zones. You can get a good understanding of the city's natural zoology, folk customs and history through 4,000 exhibits, 750 graphic panels, many dioramas and multimedia facilities. Other than the permanent exhibition, the museum often holds special exhibitions. Some special exhibitions require an extra admission fee.
In addition, Hong Kong Museum of History has five branch museums, namely HK Museum of Coastal Defence in Shau Kei Wan, Law Uk Folk Museum in Chai Wan, Fireboat Alexander Grantham Exhibition Gallery in Quarry Bay Park and Sun. Yat-sen Museum in Mid-Levels.
How to get to Hong Kong Museum of History
2. Take bus 5c, 8, 8a, 87d, 208, n216, n241, n271 or n281 to Hong Kong Museum of History.
|Entrance Fee||HK$ 20|
|Open Hours||Mon. & Wed. to Fri.: 10:00 – 18:00|
|Weekends & public holidays: 10:00 – 19:00|
|Christmas Eve & Chinese Lunar New Year's Eve: 10:00 – 17:00|
|Tue. (except public holidays) & the first two days of Chinese Lunar New Year: closed.|
|Ticket selling stops 30 minutes earlier.|
More Museums in Kowloon:
Hong Kong Museum of Art
Hong Kong Science Museum