- Best China Tours
- China City Packages
- Yangtze Cruise
- Tibet Discovery
- Great Wall Tours
- Silk Road Adventure
- Yunnan & Guizhou
- Asia Tours
- DIY Quote
- Budget Travel
How to Book?
- Get a quote
- Free changes
Please read our notes
Beijing One Day Tours
BJ01: Beijing Private One Day Tours
- 1 Day Beijing (6 options) $59 Up
- Beijing is such a large metropolis with numerous places of interest to visit. What to do in Beijing for a day? Here are 6 one-day packages all composed of the essence of our capital city. You can choose any of your preferred according to your interest.
- Following this 1-day itinerary, you are going to ramble around the center of Beijing City to admire some majestic buildings around the Tiananmen Square and enjoy the precious antiques in the nearby National Museum of China. You can also have a close look at the luxury rooms of the Forbidden City and view the imperial palace complex from the hilltop of the Jingshan Park afterwards.
BJ-T02: Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace
BJ-T03: Badaling Great Wall & Sacred Way
- A visit to the Great Wall is just like reading a national epic of China, for it represents a historical and cultural masterpiece of the country. Badaling Great Wall is one of the most complete and majestic sections, which is worthy your challenge. On the way back, you could drop at the Sacred Way leading to the Changling Mausoleum of the Ming Tombs Scenic Area.
- This 1-day independent tour takes backpackers to the royal cultural relics of the old times. Visitors can not only visit the imperial Tibetan Buddhist temple, Yonghe Lamasery, but also have a better understanding of the traditional academic system by visiting the nearby Temple of Confucius and Imperial Academy. You can also ramble about old hutongs in Shichahai Area where many former mansions of royal princes are located.
BJ-T05: Old Hutongs & Modern Sanlitun
BJ-T06: Olympic Sites Trip
- Retracing the 2008 Olympic sites allows independent travelers to feel the modern vigor of the city by visiting the National Stadium, National Aquatics Center and Olympic Forest Park. The 2022 Winter Olympic Games is also worth your anticipation and all the ice sport events will be held in these venues.
BJ-T07: Ox Street Mosque & Liulichang
- Following this route, visitors can admire buildings of both Muslim and Buddhism in Ox Street Mosque and Fayuan Temple respectively. They can also wander among various traditional Chinese architectures in Taoranting Park and have a glimpse of calligraphy and paintings along Liulichang Cultural Street.
BJ-T08: CCTV Tower & 798 Art Zone
BJ-T09: Family Tour to Beijing Zoo
- For those who travel with children, it is highly suggested to follow this independent tour. Along the way, you can see many lovely animals in the Zoo especially the adorable giant pandas. You can also delve into the underwater world in the Aquarium and even have a glimpse of animal world of remote times in Paleozoological Museum of China. Besides, the Planetarium is going to draw the mysterious universe in front of you. This is definitely going to be a fruitful trip!
- It would be a relaxing experience to have an independent exploration to Fragrant Hills Park and Wofo Temple in autumn, which are the best destinations for you to perceive the change of seasons. Especially between October and middle November, the blazing red maple leaves on the hill and cool air will refresh and enchant you much. Besides, a further visit to the nearby ancient Wofo Temple would also bring you tranquility. The tip for this one-day trip is to avoid traveling during weekends and holidays in October in case of crowds.
- This Beijing day trip to Cuandixia and Shuangshitou Villages will take you to visit traditional cottages of the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368 - 1911) to the northwest of downtown Beijing. To adapt to terrain, dwellings inside Cuandixia village were built on the hillside, and at Shuangshitou Village you can catch sight of a realm made up of stones.
BJ-T12: Zhoukoudian Peking Man Site
- In 1929, the discovery of the Peking Man skull in Zhoukoudian has shocked the world. You must like visiting the excavation site to have a close look at the precious fossils which had been buried for over sixty thousand years. Following this route, you will be guided to the Peking Man Site at Zhoukoudian to delve into the life of the ancient humans in the remote times. Afterwards, you can also enjoy the bizarre limestone in the Stone Flower Cave.
- For history funs, you could trace to war times of China in old battle site, and the Lugou Bridge in the city's southwest suburb would be a good destination. First built in 1189 of the Jin Dynasty, the bridge witnesses the beginning of the eight years' Sino-Japanese War during the Second World War. The adjoining Wanping City, a giant military fortress will also enrich your knowledge about Chinese warring history.
The above routes do not meet your requirements? Please click Tailor My Trip