Beijing Travel Guide
|Badaling Great Wall |
Being capital of the People's Republic of China, Beijing is the nation's political, economic, and cultural center. Located in north China, close to the port city of Tianjin and partially surrounded by Hebei Province, it also serves as the most important transportation hub and port of entry.
As one of the six ancient cities in China, Beijing has been the heart and soul of politics throughout its long history and consequently there is an unparalleled wealth of discovery to delight and intrigue travelers as they explore the city's ancient past and exciting modern development. Now it has become one of the most popular travel destinations in the world, with about 140 million Chinese tourists and 4.4 million international visitors in a year.
You May Like
Read our China Tour Company Reviews - Beijing from real travelers on Tripadvisor.
is this what could apply for the transit visa? I am worried how it all works .
1) i will be traveling with a ten years old i don't plan on staying over 60 days do i still need a visa of any sort? can i travel with our usa passport to Beijing?
2) i want to save money and rent a place for two months while there near the city do you know any good town with rental accommodations and low price that is safe for tourists?
3) i plan on taking the train mainly, and order online for my tickets, is there any English version to understand the train website and what is this main train railway website there?
4) you can you your usa debit card to china atm?
5) if we decide to stay longer what are some apartment website that is very low price, thanks
6) you mention something about traveling to china by train, where from? you can travel from this us to china by train now? i'm in florida, what would be my best way to go about it, thanks
thanks for helping out, i really enjoy reading your tips and i downloaded your book and will print a map too
2. There are many youth hotels in the city. The prices are low and reasonable. Wangfujing and Qianmen Area is a convenient place with advanced public transportation system.
3. No, the train booking page only has Chinese version. You can ask help for TravelChinaGuide.com. It provides train ticket booking service. If interested, their contact information is bookingtravelchinaguide.com.
4. You can use Visa Credit Card.
5. Agoda is a nice APP for you to find rental apartments. :)
6. You need to take the flight from Florida to the Capital Airport (PEK).