Stir-fried Beef with Onions and Peppers
Characteristics: The dish smells delicious and the meat tastes soft and tender.
Onion is a popular vegetable all over the world. It contains abundant carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E as well as a bit of beneficial calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium. Beef is abundant with protein and only a little fat.
When cooked together, they are good for people with high blood pressure or hyperlipidemia, because people can take in some vitamin and dietary fiber. The recipe of Stir-fried Beef with Onions and Peppers presents a common way of cooking the two ingredients together.
a small onion
one red pepper
one green pepper
light soy sauce
Note: The amount of the ingredients and seasonings listed above can be appropriately used according to one’s personal taste.
1. Clean the beef and cut it into slices against the grain. Put these slices onto a plate.
2. Remove the outer skin of the onion to leave the bulb. Clean and cut it into strips.
3. Clean the red and green peppers and cut them into strips. Place them onto a plate.
4. Clean the green onion and cut into 2-3cm stripes.
Add a little salt, light soy sauce, starch and cooking wine into the beef slices. Mix them well and let it stand for 10-20 minutes.
Place a wok over high heat. Add some cooking oil until hot and add the processed beef. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it turns yellowish-white.
Add in green onion and onion strips to fry for 20-30 seconds. Then add in red and green pepper slices and stir to mix them well. Add appropriate amount of salt and stir-fry the mixture for another 10-20 seconds.
After 2-3 minutes when the beef is well cooked, add some pepper powder. Stir to mix them well.
Turn off the heat. Put the dish onto a delicate porcelain plate. The Stir-fried Beef with Onions and Peppers is ready now.
2. Please note that the beef should be stir-fried very quickly on high heat, or it will become tough to eat.
Tips on Food Interactions:
Crayfish, shrimp and honey are suggested not to eat or cook with onion;
The vitamin C in cucumber will break if it is cooked with green peppers.