Hong Kong Airport Express Travel Pass
Hong Kong Airport Express Travel Pass is an Octopus Card with either one or two Airport Express single journey(s) plus 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on MTR (except East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations), Light Rail and MTR Bus (Northwest New Territories). The price is HK$250 and HK$350 respectively with HK$50 refundable deposit. It is only applicable for foreign tourists who have been in Hong Kong for less than 14 days.
Types of Hong Kong Airport Express Travel Pass
|1-ride Airport Express Travel Pass||2- ride Airport Express Travel Pass|
|Allowed Airport Express Journeys||1||2|
|What's Others Included||3 consecutive days of unlimited ride on the MTR, Light Rail and Metro Bus in Northwest New Territories; |
except East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations
|Where to Buy||All Customer Service Centers of the Airport Express stations and all MTR stations, except Racecourse Station and Light Rail Customer Service Centers; |
On the official website of Hong Kong MTR
|Validity||180 days from the date of issue|
Useful Tips of the Airport Express 3-day Pass
1. The Airport Express Travel Pass cannot be used from Airport Station to Asia World-Expo Station and vice versa. Passengers need to pay ordinary fare for going between these two stations.
2. Malfunctioned ticket can be processed at any Customer Service Center (except Asia World-Expo Center).
3. Since the tickets are only valid for tourists, a valid passport or a valid proof of non-Hong Kong resident status must be presented when purchasing the ticket.
4. If the Airport Express Travel Pass has been damaged or tempered with, money will be deducted from the deposit (damages including physical alteration to the card through delamination, bending, cutting, breaking, graffiti or attachment of stickers or photos).
Where to Reload the Hong Kong Airport Express Tourist Pass
Ticket value can be topped up, for traveling on other major means of transport, at vending machines or shops displaying the Octopus Card logo. Travel Pass can be reloaded at the same places as reloading Octopus Card.
Where to Get Your Deposit
There is a HK$50 refundable deposit on the ticket. Passengers can either keep the ticket as a souvenir before leaving Hong Kong, or return it to any Airport Express Customer Service Centre for a refund of the deposit and any balance value* stored on the ticket. Should the balance on the ticket exceeds HK$500, however, it will be sent to the MTR headquarter for processing. Customers may be required to bear the delivery cost. The other conditions on refund for the Airport Express Pass is the same as the Octopus Card.
Balance Value refers to the value added to the Travel Pass for using on other places. If you hadn't added any value to it, only the HK$50 deposit will be refunded.
Airport Express Travel Pass vs Octopus Card
1. Top up: Octopus Card has first deposit of value, but the Hong Kong airport express 3 day pass do not have, so if you want to use the card at the designated shops, you need to top up the card.
2. Refund: You need to pay HKD11 as service charge for refunding Octopus Card in three months from the card purchase, but after three months, no service charge. Airport Tourist Pass do not need to pay any charge when refunded.
3. Usable range: Octopus Card can be used in all the metro lines and all the shops with the logo, while the Airport Travel Pass cannot be used in the East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations. And the Octopus Card can be also used in some places in Macau and Shenzhen, such as Galaxy Resort, Broadway and KFC in Macau and Firewood Restaurant, Café De Coral Restaurant and Duty Free Group in Shenzhen. However, Airport Travel Pass are not available.
4. As for taking the Airport Express, Octopus Card will provide a free return ticket on the same day you take the line.
My group will be coming from Guilin to HK using high speed train and will be staying in HK for 3 days. Can I purchase airport express travel pass one way in advance? and start using it on day 1 to day 3 by riding for free in mtr, then on the last day, from Kowloon, in-town check-in our luggage and ride in airport express train to airport?
2. Yes, you can.