Hong Kong Airport Express Travel Pass
Hong Kong Airport Express Travel Pass is an Octopus Card with either one or two Airport Express single journey(s) plus 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel on MTR (except East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations), Light Rail and MTR Bus (Northwest New Territories). The price is HK$250 and HK$350 respectively (with HK$50 refundable deposit). It is only applicable for foreign tourists who have been in Hong Kong for less than 14 days.
Where to Buy?
Travel Pass with One Airport Express Single Journey is available at all Customer Service Centres of the Airport Express stations and all MTR stations (except Racecourse Station).
Travel Pass with Two Airport Express Single Journeys is only available at any Customer Service Centre of the Airport Express stations, Kowloon Tong, Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui, Wanchai and Causeway Bay stations. The Pass can also be purchased online on the official website of the Hong Kong MTR.
Airport Express Customer Service Centers operate from 06:00—00:30 Monday to Sunday.
Where to Reload?
Ticket value can be topped up, for traveling on other major means of transport, at vending machines or shops displaying the Octopus Card logo. Travel Pass can be reloaded at the same places as reloading Octopus Card.
Where to get your Refund?
There is a HK$50 refundable deposit on the ticket. Passengers can either keep the ticket as a souvenir or before leaving Hong Kong, return it to any Airport Express Customer Service Centre for a refund of the deposit and any balance value* stored on the ticket. Should the balance on the ticket exceeds HK$500, however, it will be sent to the MTR headquarter for processing. Customers may be required to bear the delivery cost. The other conditions on refund for the Airport Express Pass is the same as the Octopus Card.
*Balance Value refers to the value added to the Travel Pass for using on other places. If you hadn't added any value to it, only the HK$50 deposit will be refunded.
1. The Airport Express Travel Pass cannot be used from Airport Station to Asia World-Expo Station and vice versa. Passengers need to pay ordinary fare for going between these two stations.
2. Airport Express Travel Pass is valid for 180 days from the date of issue.
3. Malfunctioned ticket can be processed at any Customer Service Center (except Asia World-Expo Center)
4. The designated ride(s) on the Airport Express and the 3 consecutive days of unlimited ride on the MTR (except Airport Express, East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations) cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. Since the tickets are only valid for tourists, a valid passport or a valid proof of non-Hong Kong resident status must be presented when purchasing the ticket.
6. If the Octopus Card has been damaged or tempered with, money will be deducted from the deposit (damages including physical alteration to the card through delamination, bending, cutting, breaking, graffiti or attachment of stickers or photos).