Hong Kong Airport Express
Hong Kong Airport Express (AE), one of the world's leading Airport railway systems, offers the most direct connection between the airport and downtown Hong Kong. It runs every 12 minutes form 05:50 to 01:15 daily. Journeys between the Airport and downtown take approximately 24 minutes, while travel time between AsiaWorld-Expo and the city center is about 28 minutes. It provides the fastest and most convenient route to AsiaWorld-Expo, which is just a one-minute ride from the Airport Station. All five Airport Express Stations, AsiaWorld-Expo, Airport, Hong Kong, Kowloon and Tsing Yi, have been designed to world-class standards. Passengers can also enjoy some special services of Airport Express for free at each station, such as free shuttle bus service, free in-town check-in service, free porter service. The train aims to provide passengers with a pleasant and seamless travel experience.
Service Hours: 05:50 to 01:15 a.m.
Last train: 00:48 (from the airport and Hong Kong Station)
Journey Time: about 24 minutes
Frequency: every 12 minutes
|From||To||First Train||Last Train|
|AsiaWorld-Expo||Airport / City||06:00||00:45|
|Station||Journey Time (min.)|
|Hong Kong - Airport||24|
|Kowloon - Airport||21|
|Tsing Yi - Airport||13|
|Hong Kong - AsiaWorld-Expo||28|
|Kowloon - AsiaWorld-Expo||25|
|Tsing Yi - AsiaWorld-Expo||17|
|Airport - AsiaWorld-Expo||1|
Tickets and Fares
|Ticket Type||Description||Place of Purchase|
|Single Journey Ticket||1 single journey between Airport and the station specified. Valid on the day of issue only.||Any Airport Express Customer Service Centre or Ticket Issuing Machines.|
|Same Day Return Ticket||1 Return journey between Airport and the station specified. Valid on the day of issue.||Any Airport Express Customer Service Center or Ticket Issuing Machine.|
|Round Trip Ticket||It is station-specific and can be used for 1 return journey between Airport and the station specified. Valid for 30 days from date of issue.||Any Airport Express Customer Service Centre (excludes AsiaWorld-Expo Station).|
|Octopus Card||An electronic stored value smart card which automatically deducts fares for most major local transportation modes from its stored value.||Any Airport Express or Mtr Customer Service Centre.|
|Airport Express Travel Pass||Specially designed smart card offering passengers convenient pre-programmed Airport Express journey(s) and 3 days of unlimited rides on MTR (except East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations), Light Rail and MTR Bus (Northwest New Territories).||Any Airport Express or designated Mtr Customer Service Centre.|
|Fares To/From Airport (HK$)|
|Single Journey/Same Day Return Ticket/Octopus Card||Round Trip Ticket|
|Fares To/From Asiaworld-Expo Station (HK$)|
|Single Journey/Octopus Card/Same Day Return Ticket|
|The Same Day Return Ticket is not applicable for the commute between HKIA and AsiaWorld-Expo.|
Notes: 1. Children tickets are eligible for kids between 3 and 11 years old.
2. Children under 3 years old can enjoy free ride.
3. Elderly Ticket is not available.
|Fares To/From Airport (HK$)|
|Group of 2||Group of 3||Group of 4|
1. Group Tickets are only valid on the day of issue.
2. Passengers can buy the group tickets at Airport Express Customer Service Center, except AsiaWorld-Expo Station.
3. After purchasing the Group Ticket, passengers have to travel together in a group.
4. Group Tickets sold are not refundable.
Special Same Day Return Fares for Octopus Card Users
If you use the same Octopus Card to to/from AsiaWorld-Expo in the same day and stay in AsiaWorld-Expo for at least one hour between exiting and re-entering the AsiaWorld-Expo Station's ticket gate, you can enjoy the following discounted fares.
The normal one-way trip fare will be deducted from your Octopus Card when you get on the express train. Fare rebate will be automatically credited to your card at the end of your return journey.
|From / To (HK$)||Adult||Child|
|Hong Kong - AsiaWorld-Expo||72||36|
|Kowloon - AsiaWorld-Expo||64||32|
|Tsing Yi - AsiaWorld-Expo||42||21|
1. The one-way ticket, the round-trip ticket and the Airport Express Travel Pass can also be booked online through the official website of HKG MTR.
2. Free ride for children under three.
3. Passengers holding Personalized Octopus Card with 'Student Status' must pay the adult fare.
4. If using the Octopus Card to take the express train, you can enjoy free subway connection of MTR (Mass Transit Railway Corporation) Island Line, Tsuen Wan Line, Kwun Tong Line, Tseung Kwan O Line, Tung Chung Line and Disneyland Resort Lines to/from the downtown area. But the precondition is that your Octopus Card still has usable value and you have to transfer from/to the Airport Express to/from the metro within one hour.