How to Get from Hong Kong Airport to Kowloon
1. Fastest Way: Airport Express: about 20 minutes, HKD 105
Schedule: every 10 minutes from 05:54 to 23:28; every12 minutes from 23:08 to 00:48.
Ticket Counter: Airport Express Customers Service Centre between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
1. Follow the direction boards to take the Express and get off at Kowloon Station.
2. Get out from exit B and take free shuttle bus to major hotels or transport interchanges like West Kowloon Railway Station, MTR Yau Ma Tei Station, Kowloon Hotel and Peninsula Hotel etc.
2. Cheapest Way: Airport Bus: Less than 1 hour, HKD 21-48
How to pay: One can pay the ticket fare in advance at Airport Bus Customer Service and Ticket Offices next to Terminal 1; or pay when boarding by cash or Octopus card.
Schedule for 4 Hot Airport Buses to Kowloon:
|Bus Routes||Service Hour||Bus Fare|
|A21||05:30-24:00 every 15-20 min||HKD 33|
|A20||11:00-24:00 every 60 min||HKD 33|
|A22||05:20-00:10 every 15-40 min||HKD 39|
|N21||00:20-04:40 every 20-30 min||HKD 23|
Buses mentioned above can deliver passengers to different locations of Kowloon such as Yau Ma Tei, Tsim Sha Tsui, Jordan, Mong Kok etc.
1. Those buses give no change, so make sure you take the right amount of money.
2. Octopus card makes your journey in Hong Kong easier and it can be bought at Airport Express Customers Service Centre.
3. Airport Express + MTR: about 50 minutes, HKD 80
Step 1: Take Airport Express to Tsing Yi Station, 20min, HKD 70.
Step 2: Transfer to Tung Chung Line and get off at Kowloon Station, 25min, HKD10.4.
4. Airport Shuttle Bus to Hotel: 40-50 minutes, HKD 140/150
Schedule: Most operate from 07:00 to 23:00 with an interval of 30 min while some operate from11:00 to 17:00.
Ticket Counter: Counter B18, Arrivals Hall B, Arrivals Level (L6), Terminal 1.
Boarding Point: Coach Station at Car Park 1.
1. Not all hotels are covered. The most popular served hotels includes Best Western Grand Hotel, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Kowloon Hotel, Peninsula Hong Kong, Marco Polo Prince, Royal Pacific Hotel, Kowloon Shangri-La, The Royal Garden, Evergreen Hotel, and Royal Plaza Hotel etc.
2. Passengers with extra luggage need to pay a surcharge.
3. Children under 3 years old get free rides if sharing a seat with an adult.
5. Point-to-point Service: Taxi: about 30 minutes, HKD250-300
Taxi Stand: Right-hand ramp outside the Terminal 2.
Hong Kong taxis are colored in red, green and blue according to their operating areas. Passengers to Kowloon take red taxi, also called urban taxis.
Taxi cost from Hong Kong airport to top destinations in Kowloon:
|To||Urban Taxi Fare|
|Cheung Sha Wan||HKD 250|
|Hung Hom MTR Station||HKD 270|
|Kowloon Bay||HKD 290|
|Kowloon Tong||HKD 260|
|Kwun Tong/ Kai Tak Cruise Terminal||HKD 310|
|Lei Yue Mun||HKD 320|
|Mong Kok||HKD 265|
|Wong Tai Sin||HKD 270|
|Yau Ma Tei||HKD 265|
|West Kowloon Railway Station||HKD 260|
How to Travel from Hong Kong Airport to West Kowloon Railway Station
1. The most convenient way is by Airport Express. You should get off at the final stop and walk following the direction signs for about 10 minutes to reach the railway station. The Airport Express ride costs CNY 105 and takes 21 minutes.
2. You can also take airport bus A22 and get off at Austin Station, Jordan Road. The railway station is nearby. It takes HKD39 and 45 minutes.
3. If by taxi, it takes around HKD260 and 30 minutes.
How to Get from Hong Kong Airport to City
How to Travel from Hong Kong Airport to Tsim Sha Tsui