How to Get from Hong Kong Airport to City
Hong Kong Airport is more than 35 kilometers (22 miles) away from Central and Kowloon in central downtown. There are 4 ways to travel from Hong Kong airport to city.
1. Fastest Way - Airport Express: roughly 25 minutes, HKD 6-115
Ticket Counter & Platforms: Airport Express Customers Service Centre between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
Ticket Price (HKD):
|To||Single Ticket||Octopus Card|
|Hong Kong Station||115||110|
|Tsing Yi Station||70||65|
|AsiaWorld – Expo Station||6||5.5|
1. Octopus card is a cheaper way to take the Hong Kong airport to city train but passengers need to buy the card before boarding at Airport Express Customers Service Centre.
2. Group ticket and Airport Express Travel Pass are even cheaper options if traveling on budget in group or for several days.
3. Children under 3 can get free rides, aged 3-11 can buy Child Ticket with 50% discount.
4. Passengers can take free shuttle bus at Airport Express Kowloon or Hong Kong Station to popular hotels and metro interchanges like West Kowloon Railway Station and MTR Hung Hom Station.
2. Cheapest Way – Airport Bus: HKD 10-40
Schedule: 06:00-00:00 for most routes with an interval of 15-20 minutes; 00:20-4:50 for night bus N11, N21 with an interval of 30 minutes.
How to take: Passengers can pay by cash or Octopus Card when getting on buses. If it is the A bus, ticket booking service is also offered before boarding at Airport Bus Customer Service and Ticket Offices next to Terminal 1.
There are over 50 bus lines from Hong Kong airport to downtown areas, including Central, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok, and Causeway Bay. Buses to Central take about 45 minutes and to Kowloon about 30 minutes if there is no traffic jam.
3. Flexible Way - Taxi
Boarding Point: Taxi Station at right-hand ramp outside the Terminal 2.
Taxi is relatively expensive but the most flexible way to transport from Hong Kong airport to city. Passengers can take taxis in three colors:
Red taxis: Also called urban taxis, they leave for downtown areas including Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories;
Green taxis: Also named New Territories taxis, they mainly serve passengers to New Territories;
Blue taxis: Known as Lantau taxis, they run in Lantau Island and Chek Lap Kok.
Price Reference for Hong Kong Taxi from Airport (HKD):
|To||Red Taxi Fare||Green Taxi Fare||Blue Taxi Fare|
|Hung Hom Railway Station||270||-||-|
|West Kowloon Railway Station||260||-||-|
|Tsim Sha Tsui||270||-||-|
|Yau Ma Tei||265||-||-|
4. Airport Shuttle Bus to Hotel: 50-60 minutes, HKD 140/ 150.
Service hours: Most operate from 07:00 to 23:00 with an interval of 30 min while some operate from11:00 to 17:00.
Ticket Counter: Counter B18, Arrivals Level (L6), Arrivals Hall B, Terminal 1
Boarding Point: Coach Station at Car Park 1.
Hot Stop-by Hotels: Kowloon Hotel, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Peninsula Royal Pacific Hotel, Kowloon Shangri-La, Evergreen Hotel, Royal Plaza Hotel
1. Not all hotels are reachable by airport - hotel coach. Please confirm with your hotel in advance.
2. Children under 3 get free rides if not take seats.
3. Passengers taking extra luggage should pay a surcharge.