Bazhong Travel Guide
Chinese Name: 巴中市 (bā zhōng shì)
Location: Situated in the northeast of Sichuan Province, Bazhong City is bordered by Hanzhong of Shaanxi Province in the north, and in neighborhood of Dazhou, Nanchong and Guangyuan respectively in the east, south and west with in the province.
Area: 12,325 square kilometers (4,759 square miles)
Administrative Hierarchy: 1 district (Bazhou); 2 counties (Tongjiang, Nanjiang, Pingchang)
Seat of the City Government: 10, New Jiangbei Zone, Bazhou District, Bazhong City
Bank of China: Jiangbei Lu, Bazhou District
China Post: Baiyuntai, Jiangbei Lu, Bazhou District
Useful Telephone Numbers:
Tourist Complaints: 0827-96927
Weather Forecast: 121
Zip Code Inquiry: 184
Bazhong Attractions - Things to Do
Guangwu Mountain: It rises in Nanjiang County at the convergence of Sichuan and Shaanxi Provinces. The mountain resort is characterized by elegant peaks covered with flourishing plants, and is reputed as the top natural scenic spots in the city.
Nuoshui River: This river flows through the north of Tongjiang County and recorded as a national key scenic areas in 2004. Strange rock formations, waterfalls, limestone caves and underground rivers are scatter all around this scenic area. It contains three scenic zones respectively with limestone caves, gorges and forest as their themes. Visitors can go boating in the caves and admire the spectacle of stalagmites and stalactites within.
Nankan Scenic Area: It is located at Nankan Mountain in the southern suburb, containing Nankan Park and statues of the Buddha within a cliff face. The first niches were cut during the Tang Dynasty (618-907). No less than intact 122 niches containing 1800 statues of the Buddha are in existence along cliff face.
Other Scenic spots: Micangshan Forest Park
How to Get to Bazhong
1. Bazhong Enyang Airport is about 16 kilometers (about 10 miles) from downtown Bazhong and 6 kilometers (about 4 miles) from downtown Enyang. It has opened 5 domestic flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Chengdu, and Yinchuan. Airport shuttle bus connects airport and Bazhong Center.
2. Departing from the South Gate of city, Nankan Mountain arrival is just a few minutes away via a winding road. Guangwu Mountain is another large red leaf area of Sichuan with autumn being the best season to view the red leaved trees that adorn the mountains.
3. People usually choose the airport of Chongqing as the transfer station for relatively short distance. Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport opperates direct bus lines from the airport to Bazhong city, with the journey taking six hours. Passengers can also take regular bus to Bazhong from downtown Chongqing. Take the Bus from Chongqing Bus Station at 12, Caiyuan Lu.
4. From Chengdu Beimen (North Gate) Bus Station at 197, northern fourth section, First Ring Road, buses will arrive in Bazhong after a journey of eight hours.
5. Jiangbei Bus Station in Binhe Lu of New Jiangbei Zone is the only bus station of the city offering both intercity and inter-provincial passenger transport services.
The city enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate, and the Bazhong weather on the plain and mountainous regions differs from each other greatly. Its annual average temperature is around 17℃ (62.6℉) with the common features of being warm winters, an early spring, hot summers and cool autumns. It is rainy in summer and autumn, especially during June to September. Spring and autumn are suitable for people to tour around.
Bazhong Travel Tips
History: The first county in Bazhong's administrative history was established one thousand nine hundred years ago during the Eastern Han Dynasty (24-220). It was elevated from county to City status in 1993.
Special Local Products: tremella (white fungi), Chuanming ginseng, walnut, honeysuckle