10 Quick and Easy Chinese Food Recipes for Beginners
Chinese food is well known all over the world, as evidenced by Chinese restaurants around the world. However, Chinese dishes overseas are usually localized. Do you want to taste authentic Chinese food? Or do you want to try your hand on Chinese food? The following are the 10 easy Chinese food recipes for beginners.
No. 10. Egg Fried Rice
|Egg Fried Rice|
Egg Fried Rice is one of the easiest Chinese food recipes. Chinese housewives like it very much, not only because it is easy to make, but also because it helps them deal with the leftover rice.
Ingredients: eggs, rice, cooking oil, salt…
1. Crack eggs in a bowl, add some salt and beat it up. Fry the eggs in the pot until it turns gold and take out.
2. Add some oil in the pot and heat it up. Add rice and fry for 2 – 3 minutes until it turns hot, then add the fried egg and stir well, take out and dish up. The dish is done.
No. 9. Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs is a typical dish in China’s Zhejiang cuisine. It is reddish and lustrous in color. The dish is welcome by Chinese for its rich flavor and crispy and tender taste.
Flavors: sweet and sour
Ingredients: pork ribs, egg, cooking oil, cooking wine, starch, vinegar, white sugar, salt, tomato ketchup
1. Cut the ribs into segments and then boil for 15-20 minutes with cooking wine and ginger slice.
2. Add salt, cooking wine and an egg white into the ribs and stir well. Preserve for 20min. Then add starch and some water and stir well until every rib is evenly coated.
3. Combine tomato ketchup, vinegar, white sugar and a little water to make seasoning sauce.
4. Deep-fry the ribs in hot oil with low heat for about 1 minute and pick out.
5. Fry the seasoning sauce until it turns dense and add in the pork libs and stir well over high heat for 1min to make sure the sauce coats ribs all, then dish up.
No. 8. Twice-Cooked Pork
Twice-cooked Pork is one of the representative dishes in Sichuan cuisine. It is popular for it goes well with rice and easy to cook.
Flavors: salty, spicy
Ingredients: pork, garlic sprouts, ginger, broad bean paste, fermented soy beans, cooking oil, white sugar, cooking wine
1. Cut the garlic sprouts into 3cm sections and the ginger into small slices, chop the broad bean paste.
2. Put ginger slices and pour some cooking wine into a wok with cold water, add the entire pork and boil over big fire for 15min. Then pick out and slice the pork when it is cool down.
3. Fry the pork slices with low heat until the slices roll up and then add in the broad bean paste, fermented soy beans and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add in the garlic sprouts and stir-fry for 20-30sec. Add some white sugar and mix well and dish up.
|Spicy and Sour Shredded Potato|
Spicy and Sour Shredded Potato is a very common dish in Chinese table and an easy Chinese food recipe. Its spicy and sour flavor whets appetite easily.
Flavors: spicy and sour
Ingredients: potatoes, green pepper, cooking oil, dried chili peppers, salt, white vinegar, shallot, garlic
1. Cut the potato into thin and homogeneous shreds. Soak in salt water for 10 minutes to remove the starch. Drain well. Cut shallot and dried chili peppers into thin shreds and garlics into small slices.
2. Fry garlic slices, shallot and dried chili peppers for 5-10 seconds until fragrant. Add the shredded potato and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Pour in 2-3 teaspoons of white vinegar along the brim of the wok and stir well.
3. Add in the green peppers, and mix with the potato shreds. Stir-fry for 20-30 seconds until the potato is well cooked. Add some salt and mix well. Dish up.
No. 6. Cola Chicken Wings
In China, this dish is very welcomed by children and young. So moms can follow the below Chinese recipe to cook some for your kids.
Flavors: salty and sweet
Ingredients: chicken wings, cola, shallot, ginger, cooking wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, white sugar, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom
1. Score chicken wings symmetrically on both sides. Cut the shallots into 2-3 cm long sections, and the ginger into thin slices.
2. Marinate chicken wings with cooking wine and half of the shallot sections and ginger slices for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat some oil and add the white sugar and stir-fry until the mixture turns reddish-brown and bubbles. Add the marinated chicken wings, and stir-fry until they turn yellow. Add the cola and soy sauce, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the left shallot sections and ginger slices, star anise, cinnamon and cardamom, and stir-fry well. Add in some water, and stew over medium heat till the chicken turn into caramel color. At last, add the sesame oil, stir and dish up.
Green Vegetable with Mushroom is a common Chinese dish with high nutritive value. It’s also a quite easy Chinese food recipe that almost all housewives can make, which is very suitable for beginners to try.
Flavors: salty and fresh
Ingredients: fresh black mushroom, green vegetable, garlic slices, salt, wet cornstarch, soy sauce
1. Hull the fresh black mushrooms and cut into chunks.
2. Fry the garlic slices for 10 seconds. Add the green vegetables and stir-fry until they shrink. Add some salt and stir well. Then pick them out and dish up.
3. Heat some cooking oil and pour in the mushroom chunks. Stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add some water, and braise over low heat till the water is almost gone. Then add some salt, soy sauce and wet cornstarch, and stir well. Then place on the cooked vegetables. Pour the left juice onto the mushroom and the dish is done.
No. 4. Ma Po Tofu
|Ma Po Tofu|
Ma Po Tofu is a famous dish in Sichuan Cuisine and is popular throughout China. It is featured with spicy taste and going well with rice.
Flavors: salty and spicy
Ingredients: soft Tofu, beef, broad bean paste, ginger, garlic
1. Poach the diced tofu and drain off water with a colander.
2. Stir-fry the minced beef until it turns yellowish-white.
3. Put the beef aside in the wok, add in minced ginger, garlic, fermented black soybean, broad bean paste and chili powder and stir well until fragrant. Combine well with beef and fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the tofu and mix well. Sprinkle the wet starch and mix well. Fry over high heat until the sauce is nearly dried out. Sprinkle some pepper powder and chopped shallot and dish up.
No. 3. Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes is as common as egg fried rice in Chinese table. Eggs and tomatoes are the perfect partners. The natural sour taste of tomatoes makes the dish delicious without any no complex seasonings.
Flavors: sour, sweet and salt
Ingredients: eggs, tomatoes, cooking oil, salt
1. Crack the eggs, add a little water and salt and beat up. Cut tomatoes into chunks.
2. Heat some oil over medium fire, pour in the beaten egg. Fry until it turns golden. Remove it out.
3. Heat some cooking oil again. Add in tomato chunks. Stir-fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add in some salt and mix well. Then put the egg chunks in and mix with tomato chunks well.
No. 2. Broccoli with Garlic
Broccoli with Garlic has low calorie and is a perfect dish for people who plan to lose weight. It is welcomed by housewives for its easy-get ingredient and easy recipe.
Flavors: salty, fresh, crispy
Ingredients: broccoli, garlic, cooking oil
1. Cut the broccoli into chunks and chop the garlic.
2. Boil broccoli chunks for 1-2 minutes to make it 60% cooked.
3. Heat some cooking oil, stir-fry the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in the boiled broccoli and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add some salt and mix well.
|Cucumber with Garlic|
No. 1. Cucumber with Garlic
Flavors: sour, spicy, crispy
Ingredients: cucumber, garlics, dry red chili, white vinegar, white sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt
1. Crush cucumbers or cut them into slices, and mash or slice garlics.
2. Put the garlic and chili slices on the cucumbers, add into white vinegar, white sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and then topped with hot oil. Mix well.