China Civil Aviation - Notice for Exit
Notice to Passengers in Exit Seats
The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) has outlined specific policies and procedures concerning exit seating in aircraft that China air carriers must follow. The following content of the rules is provided for passengers' information and guidance.
No air carriers may seat a person in a designated exit seat if the air carriers determine that it is likely that the person would be unable to perform one or more of the applicable functions listed under requirements below because:
1. The person lacks sufficient mobility, or dexterity in both arms and hands and both legs:
A To reach upward, sideways, and downward to the location of emergency exit and exit-slide operating mechanism;
B To grasp, push, pull or otherwise manipulate those mechanisms;
C To push, shove, pull or otherwise manipulate those mechanisms;
D To lift out, hold, deposit on nearby seats, or maneuver over the seatbacks to the next-row objects the size and weight of over-wing windows exit doors;
E To remove obstructions similar in similar in size and weight to overwing exit doors;
F To reach the emergency exit expeditiously;
G To maintain balance while removing obstructions;
H To exit expeditiously;
I To stabilize an escape slide after deployment;
J To assist others in getting off an escape slide;
2. The person is less than 15 years of age or lacks the capacity to perform on or the applicable functions listed under requirements below without the assistance of an adult companion, parent, or other relative;
3. The person lacks the ability to read and understand instructions relates to emergency evacuation provided the air carrier in printed or graphic form or the ability to understand oral crew commands;
4. The person lacks sufficient visual capacity to perform one or more of applicable functions listed under requirements below without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses;
5. The person lacks sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions shouted by flight attendants, without assistance beyond a hearing aid;
6. The person lacks the ability to impact information verbally to the passengers;
7. The person has:
A A condition or responsibilities, such as caring for small children, that might prevent the person from performing one or more of the applicable functions listed under requirements below;
B A condition that might cause the person harm if he or she performs one or more of the applicable functions listed under requirements below.
Requirements for Sitting in Exit Seats
In the event of an emergency in which a crew member is not available to assist in an evacuation of the aircraft, a passenger occupying an exit seat may be asked to perform the following functions:
A Locate the emergency exit opening mechanism;
B Recognize the emergency exit opening mechanism;
C Comprehend the instructions for operating the emergency exit;
D Operate the emergency exit;
E Assess whether opening the emergency exit will increase the hazards to which passengers may be exposed;
F Follow to go by directions and hand signals given by a crew member;
G Stow or secure the emergency exit door so that it will not impede use of the exit;
H Assess the condition of an escape slide, activate the slide, and stabilize the slide after deployment to assist others in getting off the slide;
J Assess, select, and follow a safe path away from the emergency exit.
Any passengers assigned an exit seat may request reseating if they:
A Cannot meet the selection criteria above;
B Have a non discernible condition that will prevent them from performing the applicable functions;
C May suffer bodily harm as a result of performing one more of the applicable functions;
D Do not wish to perform these functions.
If you would like to change your seat for a non-exit seat, please see the airline company agent or flight attendant. In addition, China government regulations prohibit an individual from sitting in a designated exit seat if they cannot speak, read or understand the instructions.
You shall spare at least 2h for the flight connecting in case.
Thank you for your reply