China Airlines, whose operations are directly supervised by the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC), always provides a welcoming, safe and high quality service to visitors. On both domestic and international air routes, the airways in China have developed rapidly over the last fifty years.
Currently there are nine state airways, among these Air China, Southern Airlines, Eastern Airlines, and Hainan Airlines are the four largest ones. In addition, there are also nearly 10 civilian-run airways that have started up in about 2006 such as Spring International, Juneyao, Eaststar, United Eagle and OK. They all provide travelers with modern facilities and world-class aircraft.
By the end of 2006, there are more than 200 airports in China serving 1, 336 regular air routes with nearly 1, 000 aircraft taking off and landing every day. With the hub of air travel based in Beijing, the air traffic connects 140 domestic cities. Besides, 268 international air routes operated by 15 airways connect 91 international cities in 42 countries. Eighty-six overseas airline companies also operate routes to China.
Flights operated by any of the China's airways connect passengers to major tourist cities and attractions around the world. Their flight attendants are well-trained and speak the main international languages. These companies have been attested to be world leaders in their safe, reliable and high-quality service.
Major Airlines in China
Air Canada Air France Alitalia All Nippon Airways American Airlines Asiana Airlines Austrian Airlines British Airways Delta Air Lines El Al Israel Airlines Finnair Japan Airlines Korean Air Lufthansa Malaysia Airlines Northwest Airlines Qantas Airways Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) Singapore Airlines Southwest Airlines Swiss International Air Lines Thai Airways International Turkish Airlines United Airlines Vietnam Airlines Virgin Atlantic Airways
Major Airdromes in China
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport
- Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport
- Fuzhou Changle International Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Guilin Liangjiang International Airport
- Haikou Meilan International Airport
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
- Harbin Taiping International Airport
- Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Nanjing Lukou International Airport
- Qingdao Liuting International Airport
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
- Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport
- Urumqi Diwopu International Airport
- Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
- Xian Xianyang International Airport