The airport is located in the north part of the city, 28 kilometers (17 miles) away from the downtown area. It has 2 terminal buildings, both operating international and domestic flights. In T1: B1 is the metro station and parking lot; the first floor is the arrival and reception hall; the second floor is the arrival interlayer and the third floor is the departure and waiting hall. In T2: the first floor is the baggage claim area; the second floor is the domestic departure and arrival halls and the international arrival and transfer hall; the third floor is the domestic and international check-in halls, and international departure and arrival halls; the fourth floor is the international departure hall, domestic departure and arrival halls, lounge and hourly hotel.
Passengers of this airport can transport to other areas of Guangzhou by metro Line 3 and 11 Airport Shuttle Bus Lines. Apart from that, there are also some long-distance bus lines connecting the airport with the neighboring cities.
Guangzhou International Flight Schedule
|New York||12 departures||About 15 - 15.5 hours|
|Los Angeles||10 departures||About 13 - 13.5 hours|
|Vancouver||10 departures||About 11.5 - 12 hours|
|Sydney||14 departures||About 9 - 9.5 hours|
|Paris||10 departures||About 12.5 hours|
|Tokyo||35 departures||About 4 - 4.5 hours|
|Seoul||42 departures||About 3.5 hours|
|Singapore||56 departures||About 4 hours|
How much does it cost to fly to Guangzhou from overseas destinations?
Guangzhou Domestic Flight Schedule
|To||Frequency (daily)||Duration||Full Ticket Fare for Economy Class|
|Beijing||Around 30 departures||About 3 - 3.5 hours||CNY 1,910|
|Shanghai||Around 45 departures||About 2.5 hours||CNY 1,350|
|Hangzhou||Around 22 departures||About 2 hours||CNY 1,290|
|Chengdu||Around 26 departures||About 2.5 hours||CNY 1,580|
|Wuhan||Around 9 departures||About 2 hours||CNY 1,970|
|Xi'an||Around 21 departures||About 2.5 hours||CNY 1,550|
|Nanjing||Around 20 departures||About 2 - 2.5 hours||CNY 1,450|
|Chongqing||About 24 departures||About 2 hours||CNY 1,250|
Tips on Finding Cheap Flights to Guangzhou
2. Round-trip tickets usually enjoy higher discounts than one-way tickets.
3. Passengers with limited travel budgets can book the tickets from low cost airlines. However, it is better to pay special attention to the luggage allowance of the air tickets from low cost airlines, because the allowance is often less than average, and the extra charge of the excess luggage is very expensive.
4. The ticket fare for international flight to nearby Hong Kong Airport is generally lower than that to Guangzhou Airport. So passengers can fly to Hong Kong first, and then take a coach or ferry from Hong Kong Airport to reach Guangzhou.
See Hong Kong Flight
5. Usually, the ticket prices of the flights operated late at night or early in the morning are lower than the ticket prices of the flight operated in other periods.
Popular Airlines Flying to Guangzhou
Domestic Airlines: Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, China Express, Sichuan Airlines, Xiamen Air, Shenzhen Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Spring Airlines…
Cheap Guangzhou Flights:
More China Flights:
1. I have to catch a flight from Guangzhou to Zhangjiajie on China Southern Airline which terminal should I go ? Have a tight schedule.
2. How far is the Metro station line 3 to the airport terminal , does it involved lots of walking ?
3. Will there be wheel chair available for people with walking issue ?