At present, there is one large civil airport - Jiangbei International Airport and two mini airports - Wanzhou Airport and Qianjiang Airport in Chongqing City.
As the main airport, Jiangbei International Airport operates a total of 260 air routes from and to 155 domestic and international cities, covering 110 provincial capitals and major tourist cities throughout China. With around 60 international air routes, an air network reaching Southeast Asia, South Asia, Japan and South Korea, Europe and North America has been gradually shaped.
Wanzhou Airport currently operates only one international route to Pattaya in Thailand and 18 domestic routes, connecting with Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xian, Xiamen, Guiyang, Nanjing, Tianjin, Haikou, Lhasa, etc.
In the Qianjiang Airport, air routes connecting to Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Haikou, Chengdu and Xian have been opened.
Chongqing International Flight Schedule
|Hong Kong||21 departures||2h20m - 2h55m|
|Taipei||13 departures||3h10m - 3h30m|
|Singapore||21 departures||2h25m - 2h55m|
|Bangkok||35 departures||3h - 3h20m|
|Los Angeles||2 departures||14h35m|
How much does it cost for flights to China Chongqing from overseas destinations?
Chongqing Domestic Flight Schedule
|To||Frequency (daily)||Duration||Full Fare of Economy Class Seat|
|Beijing||24 departures||2h50m - 3h5m||CNY 1,800|
|Shanghai||29 departures||2h45m - 3h||CNY 1, 50|
|Guangzhou||23 departures||1h55m - 2h15m||CNY 1,250|
|Shenzhen||36 departures||2h5m - 2h30m||CNY 1,470|
|Tianjin||9 departures||2h35m - 2h55m||CNY 1,550|
|Dalian||1 departure||3h||CNY 1,950|
|Guilin||2 departures||1h35m||CNY 760|
|Sanya||6 departures||2h20m - 2h35m||CNY 1,540|
|Lhasa||9 departures||2h25m - 2h35m||CNY 2,019|
|Kunming||16 departures||1h40m||CNY 1,120|
Tips on Finding Cheap Flights to Chongqing
1. We suggest you trying not to travel during summer or winter holidays, Chinese traditional festivals and weekends because the fare is generally higher than usual. Also, the low season of Chinese domestic flights is from November to next March, with discounts of 40% to 70%; the hot season is from April to October, with discounts of 60% to 80%.
2. Comparing with Beijing and Shanghai, there are less international flights to Chongqing, leading to less chances of getting a discounted ticket. If it is cheaper to transfer in Beijing or Shanghai and your travel time is not so tight, you can try to make a transfer. For example, the fare of the direct flight from London at the time of written is about CNY 8,500. If you make a transfer in Beijing, the total fare is about CNY7,500 and you will save about CNY1,000.
3. You can pay attention to the fare changes on the official websites of airlines, especially cheap airlines. They will release discounted tickets in low seasons or on Membership Days. Also, you can make use of various APPs to compare the fares and choose the cheapest one. But remember to see the luggage limit of the special tickets.
4. You are advised to make reservations 1 to 3 months in advance in the normal condition so that you may get bigger chance to buy the special tickets with large discount. Domestic flights should be booked at least 1 week ahead and international ones at least 2 weeks in advance in case they are sold out.
5. Making reservations of the return ticket together also will help you save much money.
Popular Airlines Flying to Chongqing
More China Flights:
Why not take a train?