At present, Urumqi Diwopu (Diwobao) International Airport has become one of the most important national gateway hub to connect western China with Central Asia, West Asia and Europe. About 150 air routes of over 40 airlines have been opened in this airport for passengers traveling at home or abroad. Travelers are able to reach here from 31 international cities and 54 domestic cites of around 20 countries and regions, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xian, Hong Kong, Macao, Taipei, Moscow, Istanbul, Almaty, Tashkent and so on.
Urumqi International Flight Schedule
|From ||Frequency(weekly) ||Duration |
|Moscow ||11 departures ||5h |
|Almaty ||12 departures ||1h35m - 1h45m |
|Teheran ||4 departures ||4h25m |
|Islamabad ||5 departures ||2h40m |
|Novosibirsk ||6 departures ||2h25m - 2h30m |
|Astana ||8 departures ||2h20m |
More international destinations: Krabi, Ashkhabad, Dushanbe, Osh, Tbilisi, Shymkent, Seoul, Bishkek, Baku, Kuala Lumpur, St. Petersburg, Istanbul, Tashkent, Frankfurt, Frunze…
How much does it cost for flights to China Urumqi from overseas destinations?
The ticket fare of about CNY 1, 000 - 6, 000 for direct flights from some cities or regions in Central Asia and West Asia to Urumqi is frequently seen, such as Almaty, Teheran, Islamabad, Novosibirsk, Astana… As for Moscow, the cost on the ticket varies from CNY 2, 500 to CNY 20, 000; if you can get some discounts, you may only pay CNY 4, 000 - 6, 000 on average. You can get real-time flight ticket prices or prices of more flights via the search box on page top.
Urumqi Domestic Flight Schedule
|To ||Frequency (daily) ||Duration ||Full Fare of Economy Class Seat |
|Beijing ||19 departures ||2h5m - 2h20m ||CNY 2,630 |
|Shanghai ||12 departures ||5h20m - 5h40m ||CNY 3,280 |
|Guangzhou ||8 departures ||5h20m ||CNY 3,410 |
|Shenzhen ||3 departures ||5h20m - 5h40m ||CNY 3,460 |
|Zhengzhou ||12 departures ||4h10m - 4h40m ||CNY 2,810 |
|Yining ||10 departure ||1h5m - 1h15m ||CNY 1,740 |
|Lanzhou ||13 departures ||2h45m - 3h ||CNY 1,734 |
|Hohhot ||3 departures ||3h30m ||CNY 2,087 |
|Xian ||17 departures ||3h30m - 4h5m ||CNY 2,200 |
|Tacheng ||5 departures ||1h - 1h15m ||CNY 1,200 |
More domestic destinations: Shache, Altay, Karamay, Kuqa, Kashgar, Korla, Khotan, Xuzhou, Hangzhou, Nanning, Guilin, Xining, Chengdu, Chongqing, Taiyuan, Changsha, Changchun, Dalian, Shenyang, Baotou, Jinan, Nanjing, Yinchuan, Wenzhou, Yantai…
Tips on Finding Cheap Flights to Urumqi
1. Book the tickets 1-3 months ahead and you may have greater chance to catch the tickets with high discounts.
2. Focus on the changes of ticket fare on the airlines’ official websites or some booking Apps. Kill the special ticket without hesitation. There are some discounted tickets provided for passengers every now and then.
3. Try to travel in off seasons, which is in general cheaper than traveling in hot seasons. The domestic ticket usually enjoys 30%-60% off discount in low season from November to next March, while the discount in high season from April to October is usually 20%-40% off.
4. Usually, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in a week and the early and late flights in a day cost you less.
5. Airlines often want passengers to choose their flights on back trip to increase their occupancy, so it's much cheaper to buy international round-trip tickets than to buy two one-way tickets.
6. The ticket fare of low-cost airline is usually cheaper than traditional airlines. But their service and baggage allowance may not be that satisfied.
Located to the northwest of the city, Urumqi Diwopu (Diwobao) International Airport is about 16 kilometers (9.9 miles) from the downtown area. So far, this airport owns three terminals: T1 and T2 are mainly for the domestic flights; T3 is the largest and newest terminal building and serves both domestic flights and international flights. There is one airport shuttle bus line and three city bus lines to downtown area, as well as long-distance buses to over 40 cities in Xinjiang.
Popular Airlines Flying to Urumqi
International Airlines: Aeroflot Russian International Airlines, Air Astana, Siberia Airlines, Azerbaijan Airlines, Kyrgyastan-EX, Somon Air, Tajikistan Airlines, Korean Air, Air Bishkek, AFL, Uzbekistan Airways, Scat Air…
Domestic Airlines: Tianjin Airlines, Okay Airways, Spring Airlines, West Air, Capital Airlines, China United Airlines, Lucky Airlines, Qingdao Airlines, Air China, Hainan Airlines, Shanghai Airline, Sichuan Airline, Shenzhen Airline, Shandong Airline, China Eastern Airlines, Urumqi Air…