Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market
Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market Facts
Panjiayuan Market Address: 18 Huaweili, southeast corner of the 3rd Ring Road, Chaoyang District
Panjiayuan Flea Market Opening Hours: 8:30 - 18:00 (weekdays); 4:30 - 18:00 (weekends); the stores in the market open everyday while the street stalls just open on weekends.
Area: 48,500 square meters (520,000 square feet)
What to Buy in Antique Market
Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market, aka Panjiayuan Antique Market, is the largest, most complete, cheapest and most popular market selling second hand goods and curios in China. There are so many types of goods in Panjiayuan Antique Market that it is like a museum. It is a heaven for buying and appreciating antiques, crafts, collectibles and decorations. You can find calligraphy, Chinese painting, writing brushes, ivory carving, traditional Chinese musical instruments, porcelain, ancient furniture, etc. There are also some peddlers from ethnic minorities like Hui, Mongol, Miao, Korean and Manchu, hawking their national handicrafts. Actually, Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market has become one of the must-go attractions of Beijing for tourists from home or aboard.
Porcelains and Other Craftworks
|Craftworks and Porcelains|
Jewels and Jades
Ancient Propaganda Pictures
Location of Liu Zhanquan's shop: No.212, 2/F, Modern Collection Area, Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market
Calligraphies and Paintings
Tips for Shopping
2. Select the sellers carefully. The sellers can be roughly divided into three categories: special stores where the goods are of high quality and high price, individual shops where good articles are mixed with bad ones, and stalls where the goods are of the lowest quality. Select the seller carefully and compare the goods and price.
3. Ask about the price first before reaching the items for a closer look and pass the goods carefully in case of breaking them. Otherwise, some of the sellers may demand high compensation.
4. Be careful with the bargains. Sometimes the bargains are counterfeits, problematic or even damaged goods.
5. Do not look at the items in dimly lit places or under the light. Instead, look at them in bright natural light to ensure the quality.
6. Do not easily believe the story of the goods told by the sellers. The story may be made up by the sellers to attract you to buy.
7. You can also find an expert with sharp eyes and plenty of related background knowledge to go with you.
8. When making a deal of great value, request a formal invoice and sign a contract in which fake compensation or refund terms should be included.
How to get to Beijing Panjiayuan Flea Market
2. Take Bus 28, 378, 638, Yuntong 107, Yuntong 107 Express or Night Bus 30 to Panjiayuan Qiao.
Top 10 Things to Do in Beijing
10 Non Touristy Things to Do in Beijing
If found in Panjiayuan, what kind of price range can I expect?