Hengdian World Studios
Duped the "Chinawood", Hengdian World Studios is the largest film studio in Asia, and the largest films and televison series theme park in China. Wandering about the world studios is like stepping back in China's history from Qin Dynasty (221 - 207 BC) to present time; you may come across Chinese stars at work; you may go through sets simulating nature like storm and floods. Furthermore, you can appreciate wonderful performances inspired by natural phenomena or historical events.
|Map of Hengdian World Studios |
(Click to enlarge)
The large studio houses both landscape scenes and architecture: from the old to the new, from the grand to the humble, which are quite a variety!
Ming and Qing Palace Area
Palace of Emperor Qin
Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street
Ming and Qing Folk Houses
Chinese Cultural Garden
Dazhi Buddhist Temple
National Defense Garden
|Fantasy Valley||Come on, Little Bird||17:30||Exclusive Theater|
|Fantasy Tai Chi||January 2nd to March 14th: No show; |
March 15th to May 11th: 20:00;
May 12th June 13th: 20:30
June 14th to December 31st: 20:00
|Fantasy Tai Chi Theater|
|Heavy Storm and Flood||January 2nd to 29th: 19:00; |
January 30th to March 14th: 19:30;
March 15th to May 11th: 19:00;
May12th to June 13th: 19:30;
June 14th to August 31st: 21:00;
September 1st to December 31st: 19:00
|Heavy Tempest Theater|
|Aquatic Recreation||16:00-19:00||Water World |
|Ancient Music Performance||18:00-19:30||South of the Lower Reaches of the Yangtze River |
|Recreation World||16:00-19:00 |
January 1st to March 15th: No admission
|Dream Culture Village|
|Ming and Qing Palaces||Myths of the Qing Palace||11:00, 15:00||Huguang Guild Hall |
|Jostling on Horseback||January 1st to March 14th: 10:00, 14:00; |
March 15th to November 15th: 10:00, 13:00;
November 16th to December 31st: 10:00, 14:00
|East Annex Hall|
|Great Ceremony in the Forbidden City||January 1st to March 14th: 9:00; |
March 15th to November 15th: 9:00, 14:00;
November 16th to December 31st: 9:00
|West Watch Tower |
|Emperor Kangxi on the Cruise||January 1st to March 14th: 13:00, 16:00; |
March 15th to November 15th: 16:00;
November 16th to December 31st: 13:00, 16:00
|Middle Palace Gate|
|Palace of Emperor Qin||Swordfight between Swordsmen||9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 16:00||East Annex Hall |
|Coronation of the First Qin Emperor||10:00, 15:00||On the Ninety-Ninth Footstep |
|Advent of Dragon Emperor||January to April, and October to December: 9:00-16:00; |
May to September: 8:30-16:30
|Secluded Theater |
|Emperor Qin Greeting Guests||8:00||Middle Palace Gate |
|Dream of the Qin and Han Dynasties||9:00, 14:00, 16:00||West Surveillance Building|
|Riverside Scene||A Dream of Bianliang （today's Kaifeng）||January, February, March, May, June, September, November and December: 10:00, 14:00; |
April, July, August, and October: 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00;
Spring Festival, Workers' Day Holiday, and National Day Holiday: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
|Breaking the Heavenly Gate Battle Array||9:00, 15:00||General Assignment Terrace|
|Wu Song Saving His Brother||8:00, 16:00||Commercial Street|
|Emperor' s Love Story||11:00, 13:00 |
Spring Festival, Workers'Day Holiday, and National Day Holiday: 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00
|Secluded Theater |
|Story of a Spirit||8:30-11:30, 12:30-16:30||Secluded Theater|
|Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street||Magic Feelings||9:00, 13:00, 15:40||Elizabeth Theater |
|Heroic Deed of Huang Feihuang||10:00， 14:00||Yuehai Theater |
|Raging Sea||11:00, 15:00||Victoria Harbor|
|Ming and Qing Folk Houses||Eight Beauties by the Qinhuai River||Weekdays: 15:30; |
Saturday: 10:30, 15:30;
April 5th to October 31st: 10:30, 15:30
|Secluded Theater |
|4D Theater||January to April: 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00; |
May to September: 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00;
October to December: 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00
|Fuzi Temple |
|A Golden Love Story||Monday to Saturday: 9:00, 14:00; |
Sunday: 9:00, 14:00, 15:30
|Ancient Building Theater|
|Chinese Cultural Garden||Enchanted with Huaxia||Weekdays: 9:00, 15:00 |
Saturday: 9:00, 10:30, 13:30, 15:00
Sunday: 9:00, 10:30, 15:00
|Second Floor of the Secluded Theater|
|Acrobatics Show||Weekday: 10:00, 16:00 |
Weekends and holidays: 16:00
Note: The timetable is only for reference. As for the actual performances, please refer to the real-time notice.
How to Get There:
Take a coach to Hengdian from Jiangdong Passenger Station for about CNY 15. The coach operates from 6:00 to 15:50. The frequency is 30 minutes, and the trip duration is about one hour.
1. Take a coach to Hengdian from Hangzhou South Bus Station. The bus is scheduled to run at 6:50, 8:00, 9:50, 10:50, 13:30, 14:10, 16:50, and 17:50. Duration of trip is about 2.5 hours and ticket fare is CNY 64.
2. Take a coach at Hangzhou Tourist Dispatch Center (Huanglong Sports Center) to Hengdian. The bus runs at 8:00, 10:00, and 16:30. Trip lasts about 2.5 hours costing CNY 60.
3. At Xiaoshan Airport, direct coaches run to Hengdian at 10:20, 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 16:30, 17:30, 18:40 and 20:00. Trip lasts 2.5 hours costing CNY 70.
Both bullet and ordinary trains are available to Yiwu and there are lots of departures per day. Duration for bullet trains is about 40 minutes and ticket fare is CNY 84.5 for a first class seat and CNY 50 for a second class seat. For ordinary trains, duration ranges from 1-2 hours and ticket fare is around CNY 105 for a soft sleeper and CNY 70 for a hard sleeper. Upon arrival, take bus K805 to Jiangdong Passenger Station and then take a coach to your destination.
1. Take a coach to Dongyang at General Long-distance Bus Station for CNY 104. The bus is available at 7:30, 9:00, 13:30, 13:50 and 16:10. The duration is about 4 hours. Upon arrival, change to a coach to Hengdian for CNY 6. The duration is about 20 minutes, and the frequency is 10 minutes.
2. Or take a coach at South Passenger Station to Dongyang. The schedules are at 8:15, 9:33, 14:05, 14:39 and 16:53. Duration is about 4 hours and ticket fare is also CNY 104. Upon arrival, change to a coach to your destination.
Take a train to Yiwu. 27 bullet trains depart from Hongqiao Railway Station each day from 06:30 to 18:33; duration is about 1.5-2 hours and ticket fare is CNY 201.5 for a first class seat and CNY 123 for a second class seat. 26 ordinary trains are available at South Railway Station from 05:41 to 23:30 with duration ranges from 2.5-5.5 hours; ticket fare is CNY 140.5 for a soft sleeper and CNY 92.5 for a hard sleeper. Upon arrival, take bus K805 to Jiangdong Passenger Station and then take a coach to your destination.
How to Get Around:
By Sightseeing Bus:
The bus is available from 8:00 to 16:30 with the duration of 30 minutes. But there is no departure at 12:00. Ticket fare is CNY 1. The route is listed below.
1. Line A: Galaxy Hotel- Tourism Building- International Trade Building- Movie Star Hotel- Wansheng Building of Movie Star Hotel- Ming and Qing Folk Houses- Fantasy Valley- Palace of Emperor Qin- VIP Building- Riverside Scenes- Chinese Cultural Garden- Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street, Ming and Qing Palaces- back to Galaxy Hotel
2. Line B: Wanhao Hotel- Wansheng Building of Movie Star Hotel- Movie Star Hotel- International Trade Building- Tourism Building- Galaxy Hotel- Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street, Ming and Qing Palace- Chinese Cultural Garden-Riverside Scenes- VIP Building- Palace of Emperor Qin- Fantasy Valley- Ming and Qing Folk Houses- back to Wanhao Hotel
By City Bus:
The bus is available from 7:00 to 17:30; duration is 10 minutes and ticket fare is CNY 1. The route is listed below.
Houling Hill (Tourist Service Center)- West Hill (Gasoline Station)- Lingnan Hotel- Ming and Qing Palaces- Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street- Rocky Grotto- Golf Course- Galaxy Hotel- Tourism Building- International Trade Building- Ming and Qing Folk Houses- Holiday Resort- Fantasy Valley- Palace of Emperor Qin- Riverside Scenes
The taxi is available from 6:30 to 23:00. CNY 8 will be charged for 2 kilometers or below, and CNY 2 will be charged for every kilometer thereafter (One kilometer is about 0.6 mile).
|Fantasy Valley (Night Visit)||16:00-21:00|
|Other Attractions||April to September: 8:30-17:30 |
October to the next March: 8:30-16:30
|Tickets||Scenic Spots||Price (CNY)|
|Single Ticket for Entire Day||Ming and Qing Palaces||140|
|Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street||110|
|Palace of Emperor Qin||140|
|Ming and Qing Folk Houses||120|
|Chinese Cultural Garden||100|
|National Defense Garden||60|
|Combo Two-Day Ticket||Dazhi Buddhist Temple + Five of the six attractions (Ming and Qing Palaces, Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street, Riverside Scenes, Palace of Emperor Qin, Ming and Qing Folk Houses, and Chinese Cultural Garden)||450|
|Fantasy Valley + Dazhi Buddhist Temple + Three of the six attractions (Ming and Qing Palaces, Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street, Riverside Scenes, Palace of Emperor Qin, Ming and Qing Folk Houses, and Chinese Cultural Garden)||500|
|Combo Three-Day Ticket||Fantasy Valley + Dazhi Buddhist Temple + Five of the six attractions (Ming and Qing Palaces, Guangzhou Street and Hong Kong Street, Riverside Scenes, Palace of Emperor Qin, Ming and Qing Folk Houses, and Chinese Cultural Garden)||590|
Tip: Free admission for children who stand 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) or less in height. Children between 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) and 4.9 feet (1.5 meters) in height are admitted at half price.
China Western Film Studio
1. Guangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Hangzhou - Hengdian - Guangzhou
2. Guangzhou - Hengdian - Hangzhou - Suzhou - Shanghai - Guangzhou
Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated !!
I will have business trip in Chuzhou (Anhui), after that I want to visit Hangzhou, Wuzhen and HD.
I plan : Chuzhou- Wuzhen- HD-SH
Is it most convinient and economic? I just need Chuzhou is start point and SH is the last point.
Do you know where i can take the bus/ train from wuzhen to HD
Thank you a lot
Tons of thanks
1) Could I bring and use tripod (for camera and phone) in all areas of Hengdian studios?
2) I see the opening time of all attraction is till 16:30 (or 17:00), but I want to see Guangzhou & Hong Kong street at night (to see the colorful lamps). Could I enter in afternoon and stay there throughout the evening?
2) Where is Qing-Ming Shang He Tu located? Is it included in the area of Ming and Qing Palaces with ticket 140 yuan?
2. It is located inside Hengdian World Studios. No, as I know, you need to pay the extra money.