BJ59: 2 Days Jiankou Great Wall Tour
2. Do pay highly attention and take care in the whole climbing process.
4. Be sure to take safety measures. The rope and safety buckle are necessary so that you won't fall down.
5. Overgrown with shrubs, Jiankou Great Wall has only one narrow path allowing one person to walk on. So remember to wear the hard-wearing coats and pants. In addition, sports sunglasses and UV-resistant goggles are suggested.
6. Travel with light pack but bring enough water and high-calorie snacks.
7. A first-aid package is necessary. It does not only refer to the Band-Aids. It includes medical facilities like painkillers, hemostatic, bandages, etc.
8. Make full preparations before climbing. Do not do things beyond your ability. If there is any danger, call the police in time. It is advisable to buy the travel accident insurance including the accident rescue.
On arrival, which will be around noon, the guide will assist you to check in a hostel or farmyard booked on your own, and then leave you some time to have lunch there. After, he or she will lead you to climb the north section of Jiankou Great Wall to see the Sky Stairs, Eagle Flies Facing Upward and Beijing Knot. At the end of the day, send you back to the hostel or farmyard before sun setting.
Option 1: Bus Express Line 916→ Take subway line 2 or line 13 to Dongzhimen directly.
→ Walk to the nearby Dongzhimen Bus Hub and take bus no. 916 Express to Huairou Beidajie; the travel time is about 1h 50min.
→ Upon getting off at Huairou Beidajie, hire a cab or a private car on the car-hailing apps to Xizhazi Village, which is the location of Jiankou Great Wall, which needs about half an hour.
Option 2: Bus Line 916→ Take bus no. 916 from Dongzhimen Bus Hub to Yujiayuan, taking around 2.5 hours.
→ Hail a cab or private car on one of the apps to Jiankou.
Note: The bus Express Line 916 and the bus line 916 are two different bus lines, although some sections of the two routes overlap.
It is a guided tour by eco-friendly public transport and walk. If you need a private car, feel free to contact our travel consultants to arrange it for you.
Time needed: 2-3 hours
Climb up to the Great Wall along the path to the right of Zhao's Villa. Then go clockwise along the Great Wall to Sky Stairs. Afterwards, you will be close to the most dangerous vantage point, Eagle Flies Facing Upward. After passing it, go back to the Xizhai Village through a path. If you are still energetic, the guide will also escort you northwards to Beijing Knot from Eagle Flies Facing Upward and then return. The route covers the steepest parts of Jiankou Great Wall.
Time needed: about 4 hours
Compared with the route of the first day, it is less difficult since this section has been conquered through exploration of long time. Quite a lot travelers can finish it.
- Private English-speaking guide
- Public transport
- Entrance fees to tourist sites
- Accommodation & meals
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for guide
More Beijing Great Wall Tours:
Jinshanling Great Wall: set out an exciting hiking on well-perserved Jinshanling Great Wall
Huanghuacheng Great Wall: enjoy the unique landscape of "the Great Wall in water"
Shanhaiguan & Beidaihe: know about the history of Shanhaiguan and relax at Beidaihe seaside