BJ57: 2 Days Guided Jinshanling Great Wall Hiking
It is a guided tour by eco-friendly public transport and walk. If you need a private car, feel free to contact our travel consultants to arrange it for you.
1. Bus No. 858→ Take subway line 14 East Section to Laiguangying station and leave from exit D.
→ Then walk east and turn south at the crossroad. After several minutes’ walking for around 200 meters (220 yards) in total, find the bus stop of Laiguangying Lukounan.
→ Get on the bus No. 858 to Luanping Bus Station. This bus ride takes about 2 hours. The bus serves about every 1h 10min during 07:00-16:30.
→ Getting out of Luanping bus station, take a taxi or a private car hailed on one of those apps to the scenic area, which needs about 40 minutes on the way.
2. Dongzhimen – Jinshanling Tourism BusBoarding point: About 200 meters (220 yards) to the north of Dongzhimen Public Transportation Hub. The guide will accompany you there from your hotel by subway line 2 or line 13.
Departure time: 07:40, 08:20. It does not serve from November 16 to April 1 and when there are less than 20 passengers.
Return time: 15:30, 16:00
Travel time: around 2.5 hours
3. Dongzhimen - Gubei Water Town - Jinshanling→ Take subway line 2 or line 13 to Donzhimen and get out from exit E and walk northward for about 800 meters (880 yards) along Dongzhimenwai Xiejie to Dongzhimenwai Bus Stop
→ Transfer to the tourism bus to Gubei Water Town. The buses leave at 09:00 and 13:00, and return at 12:00 and 17:00. The ride takes about 2 hours.
→ Hire a taxi or a private car on the apps to Jinshanling, which needs about 20 to 30 minutes on the way.
This hiking route is around 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) long in total and needs 2 hours or so. So it is a relaxing day and you can follow the guide to visit the man-made wonder and enjoy the surrounding scenery at a leisurely pace. During the visit, the guide will also tell you some interesting stories about the great architecture.
The total hiking distance today reaches 10 kilometers (3.1 miles), and it takes 5-6 hours to complete it.
It is right beside the entrance of Jinshanling Scenic Area. With a small supermarket and a cafe, it is very convenient to live there. The room price ranges from CNY600 to CNY 3,200 per night, at an average level of CNY900 or so. Guests requiring high demand of accommodation can choose it.
Friendly Tips: Please do not expect too much before booking. It is in the scenic area so the advantage is its location; however the facilities and services are not comparable to that in downtown area though it is a five star hotel.
2. There are also plenty of hostels and farmyards around the entrance or the farther Hualuogou Village. The cost is lower, ranging from CNY100 to 500 per room per night, but the facilities and services are not so good. You may choose one of them if you do not require high accommodation conditions and with limited budget. It would be better to book online and talk over the transfer service with the staff ahead of schedule.
2. Jinshanling Great Wall is a good place to hike and a paradise for photographers. The most magnificent is the scenery in the morning and evening. Also, the cloud, mist and rainbow after the rain in summer and autumn are great. May to October is the best time to take amazing pictures.
3. Hiking is energy-consuming, you can prepare some snacks, water and high-calorie food.
4. Remember to wear warm clothes in the morning and evening and pay attention to sun protection in summer.
5. If you decide to have an independent travel, we recommend you to get a Chinese phone number and download a translation app in advance to facilitate the communication.
- Private English-speaking guide
- Public transport
- Entrance fees to tourist sites
- Accommodation & meals
- Transport inside tourist sites
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for guide
More Beijing Great Wall Tours:
Huanghuacheng Great Wall: enjoy the unique landscape of "the Great Wall in water"
Jiankou Great Wall: to be surrounded by the charming scenery of unexploited Jiankou
Shanhaiguan & Beidaihe: know about the history of Shanhaiguan and relax at Beidaihe seaside