Location:Tunxi Airport, usually referred to simply as the Huangshan Airport, is located in the Tunxi District, about 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) from the center of Huangshan City. Mt. Huangshan is approximately 70 kilometers (43.5 miles) away.
Brief Intro:Initially built in 1958 and expanded in 2008, it now has a 4D flight area, consisting of a 2,600-meter (about 2,843 yards) runway and a landing field which can park 5 B-737 and 3 B-757 planes. The Domestic Terminal covers 10,000 square meters (about 107,639 square feet). The International Terminal has an area of 4,600 square meters. Currently, it offers domestic flights to Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hefei, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Chongqing as well as international flights to Seoul.
China Eastern (MU), China Southern (CZ), Air China (CA), Shanghai (FM), Shenzhen (ZH), Asiana (OZ), Korean (KE)
Tips of taking flights
1. Check-in Counter would be closed 30 minutes before flight departure. Passengers should arrive at it 1.5 hours (domestic flights) or 2 hours (international flights) in advance.
2. After arriving, passengers should first get the flight information from the large screen and then follow the signs to the corresponding check-in counter.
By Taxi: Passengers can also take taxi at 1/F of the terminal to downtown area.
1. It takes about 15 minutes and CNY15-20 to the Railway Station.
2. It takes about CNY150 and 1.5 hours to Mt. Huangshan by taxi.
3. It takes about CNY100-110 and 1.5 hours to Xidi Ancient Village and Hongcun Ancient Village in Yixian County by taxi.
Special services are offered to the elders, the disabled and the pregnant, including check-in and boarding assistance and the use of wheel-chairs.
Passengers can read the newspapers and magazines for free at the boarding gate after finishing the boarding procedures.
Take how long?