The Railway Station is located in Qianyuan Bei Lu, downtown Tunxi District. Wan-gan railway line (from Anhui Province to Jiangxi Province) runs through the city. Many trains run directly to Beijing (about 19 hours), Shanghai (11 or 12 hours), Guangzhou (about 19 hours), Nanjing (five to eight hours), Hefei, Jingdezhen, Nanchang (eight or nine hours), Xiamen (about 23 hours) and Fuzhou (14 or 15 hours). If you visit southern China first, you can transfer at Hangzhou. If you come from northern China, Nanjing is your best transfer stop.
Located in Xixinan Town, the North Railway Station is along Beijing - Fuzhou High Speed Railway. It mainly serves bullet trains to Beijing (5.5 to 7 hours), Tianjin (5 to 6 hours), Shanghai (4.5 hours), Hangzhou (about 3 hours), Fuzhou (about 2.5 hours), and Xiamen (4.5 hours), etc. Passengers can get here by bus 10 and North Station Special Line.
Major Rail Lines from Huangshan to:
See detailed Huangshan Train Schedule
|Toursit Passenger Transport Center|
Huangshan General Bus Station, aka Tunxi Bus Sttaion, which is located at Qiyun Avenue is about 4km (2.5mi) away from Huangshan Railway Station. Bus no. 21 can take you straight to the bus station. The city is connected with Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Hefei, Mt. Jiuhua, and Jingdezhen by national highways. In addition the Hui-Hang (from Anhui Province to Hangzhou City) highway, Hefei - Tongling - Mt.Jiuhua - Mt.Huangshan highway, Mt. Huangshan-Jingdezhen highway, and the round-Mt. Huangshan-highway form an efficient network. There are luxury buses leaving everyday for the main cities in south China including Hangzhou (2.5-hour journey), Ningbo, Shanghai, Wuhan, Jingdezhen, Suzhou, Wenzhou, and Hefei.
There is no direct bus from Tunxi to the Yellow Mountain Scenic Area. Visitors should take a bus from the City Bus Station to Tangkou Town near the south entrance. The fare is CNY13 per person. Then, transfer to a special tourist coach. The round-trip ticket fee is CNY13 per person. The coach will take visitors to the Ciguang Pavilion (the starting point for climbing the mountain from the front) or the Cloud Valley Temple (the starting point for climbing the mountain from the back).
New National Line Bus Station transports visitors from neighboring cities to Yellow Mountain including Anqing, Hangzhou, Yixian County and Hefei.
How to Travel between Shanghai and Huangshan
Tunxi is the hub of tour transportation. Buses and taxis are available to spots in and around the city.
In addition, the City Bus Station, about 64 kilometers (39.8 miles) from Yellow Mountain Scenic Spot Bus Station (Tangkou Town), and the Railway Station have buses to the Scenic Spot. Take the bus to the mountain Gate, then change another to reach one of the two entrances—the Merciful Light Pavilion (Ciguang Ge) or the Cloud Valley Temple (Yungu Si). In addition,there are coaches going directly to Shexian and Jingdezhen setting out from Tangkou Town.
Note: CNY2 fuel charge needs to be paid for each ride
Here are the taxi rates from the downtown area to the main scenic spots and landmarks nearby for your reference (all for single trips):
|Huangshan Airport||CNY20-30 (some drivers may ask for a flat rate, CNY40)|
|Yellow Mountain Scenic Area||CNY150-180|
|Hongcun Village (Yixian County)||CNY150-200|
|Xidi Village (Yixian County)||CNY100-150|
There are two foot routes to the mountain top.
Route 1: From mountain front (the Gate)-Tiandu Peak-Jade Screen Tower-Lotus Blossom Peak-Bright Summit Peak-West Sea-North Sea-down. This route is challenging and very dangerous.
Route 2: From mountain back-White Goose Peak-North Sea-mountain front.
This route is easier for tourists and the sights along the way are especially splendid.
If you prefer to save time and energy, choose cableways. The hours of the three ropeways are 08:00-16:00 in winter, and 06:30-16:30 in the other seasons.
Cloud Valley (Yungu) Cableway: Cloud Valley (Yungu) Temple-White Goose Ridge
Jade Screen Cableway: Merciful Light Pavilion (Ciguang Ge)-Jade Screen Tower
Taiping Cableway: Lotus Peak-Paiyun Tower
2) Any home stay?
2. Huiyu, Yinshe Hostel at No.55, Zhaixi New Village, Tangkou Town is recommended. It takes about CNY300 per night and about 700m to the gate of the scenic area.
how can i go to huangshan railway station from that bus station?
wish to know about :
1. how can i go to tunxi by bus from huangshan zhongtai hotel, tangkou?
2. after arrived at tunxi bus station, how can i go to tunxi ancient street?
3. what time is the earliest bus from tangkou to tunxi? how long the journey from tangkou to tunxi?
4. is it possible to explore tunxi ancient street, before leaving to Beijing by train at 16.30?
5. how can i go to the railway station from tunxi ancient street?
6. any place near there to keep my luggage?
2. From Tunxi Bus Station, you can take Bus Line 10/21/1/8 to Quyiyuan Station (区医院) and then walk southwest about 1km to the ancient street.
3.The earliest bus departs from 7:00 and it takes about 1.5 hours.
4.Yes, of course.
5.You can take Bus Line 20 from the street to Mengyuan Cun(梦园邨) and then transfer to Bus Line 21 to North Railway Station.
6. There is a business center at the exit of North Railway Station, and you can left luggage there. Also, a high-speed rail passenger terminal center near the railway station is available to left luggage.
thank you for your explain clearly.
meanwhile, wish to ask more about left luggage.
1. i will be arrive tunxi by bus and left tunxi by railway (huangshan railway, not the north huangshan railway)
since it cost 1.5 hour from tunxi bus station to ancient street. its impossible to keep luggage at bus station.
is it possible to go to the huangshan railway station to keep luggage? any left luggage service in huangshan railway?
2. how far from huangshan railway station to tunxi ancient street? how can i go to the ancient street by bus? and how can i go back to the railway station?
3. any place near tunxi ancient street to keep luggage?
Thank you so much!