Airport Code: JZH
Location: Jiuhuang (Jiuzhaigou-Huanglong) Airport is 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) from Chuanzhusi Town, located in Songpan County of the Aba Autonomous Prefecture. With an altitude of 3,400 meters (11,155 feet), it is just about 88 kilometers (55 miles) from Jiuzhai Valley National Park and about 53 kilometers (33 miles) from Huanglong National Scenic Reserve.
Brief Intro: As the first airport in Aba Autonomous Prefecture, Jiuhuang Airport has a two-storey terminal building, sizing 20,000 square meters (23,920 square yards). Four check-in counters, two security channels, one VIP security channel, and four VIP waiting rooms are provided there for passengers’ convenience. It is reported that this airport will satisfy the goal of 2.5 million’s passenger throughput by 2020.
Because of the earthquake on Aug. 8th, 2017, direct flights to/from many cities have been cancelled. Currently, Jiuhuang Airport only operates 2 air routes to Chengdu and Chongqing. Visitors are suggested to reconfirm the flight schedules or postpone travel plans to Jiuzhaigou.
Tips for Taking Flight
1. It is recommended to arrive at the airport 1.5 hours beforehand since the check-in counter is closed 30 minutes before flight departure.
2. 16th Nov. to 31st Mar. is the low season of Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong, so flights from Chongqing and Xi'an might be canceled and the airport shuttle bus may also be canceled. Visitors can go to Chengdu first and then take a flight to get there.
3. The demand for air tickets has always exceeded supply since the opening of the airport. Passenger should book tickets in advance.
4. With a high altitude, the temperature variation from day to night at the airport is very big. Passengers should take care to stay warm.
5. Due to its special geographical position and very changeable weather, flight delays happen frequently.
|Route||One-way Ticket Fare||Round-trip Ticket Fare||Duration/one-way|
1. The shuttle bus schedule generally matches flight arrival times. The ticket window is located in the terminal.
2. Passengers should make arrangements in advance while buying the ticket. The driver collects passengers from designated hotels.
There are many mini-buses operating between the airport and attraction sites. The airport ticket window is next to the Washing Room. Passengers can charter a car or share one with others to the destinations. Because of the earthquake, passengers cannot take minibus from Jiuzhaigou Airport to Jiuzhai Valley now.
Passengers can take taxi from the airport to Huanglong, and and attractions in that area easily, below are the suggested taxi fares:
|Airport → Huanglong||CNY180||CNY200|
|Airport → Chuanzhusi||CNY30||CNY40|
|Airport → Songpan Ancient Town||CNY60||CNY80|
|Airport → Mounigou||CNY180||CNY200|
Tel: +86 0837-7232520
Inquiry: +86 0837-7243770
Police: +86 0837-7243797
First Aid: +86 0837-7243620
Ticket Booking: +86 0837-7243700/ 7243737
Luggage Check: +86 0837-7243674
Tourism: +86 0837-7243699
Complaint: +86 0837-7243616/13990433505
We would like to catch the bus from airport to Huanglong for stay there for few hours then go to the Valley. Is there the minivan for small group like us to hire from Jiuhuang airport ---> Huanglong ---> Jiuzhai Valley? and what is the estimated fee per person?
We are glad to inform you that we can arrange the transfer from airport to scenic area for you. Our service will be quite punctual and friendly. If you are interested, please email us at bookingtravelchinaguide.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.